Nursery Assistant Apprentice MONTON VILLAGE SCHOOL LTD
An opportunity is available with a nursery in Eccles who pride themselves on providing stimulating activities to help give children the best possible start across all aspects of learning. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is keen to develop a career in a nursery setting.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
14 Dec 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To assist the nursery team in providing friendly, caring and relaxing environment in order to encourage and develop children in our care.
- To ensure that all daily routines are adhered to.
- To plan, organise and carry out planned activities with the children once trained.
- To settle in new children and provide ongoing support, under a key person system.
- To assist in maintaining a safe, clean and tidy play room.
- To and participate in team meetings.
- Ensure that you have read and understand all policies and procedures that have been set be the Nursery and implement them.
- To respect confidentiality within the setting.
- To communicate with Parents/carers in a calm, friendly and efficient manner.
- To take reasonable care of yourself and others and to comply with the nursery’s health and safety policy.
- To carry out any other duties as required by your team leader, deputy manager or manager.
Requirements and prospects
- A keen candidate who can use their initiative, is hard working and wants a career working with children
- A warm, caring and patient nature good communication skills the ability to work with young children and their families in a sensitive and positive way a sense of responsibility creative ideas for activities
- An interest in child development and the ability to work in a team a willingness to develop your skills
- A warm, caring and patient nature
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work with young children and their families in a sensitive and positive way
- A sense of responsibility
- Creative ideas for activities
Ideally candidates will have GCSEs grade A*-C or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
Training will be provided in order to achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young Peoples Workforce. Functional Skills Level 1 Maths, English and ICT are completed with the Apprentice if a prior GCSE grade A-C or equivalent has not already been achieved.
Children and Young People's Workforce
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Jon Hobson 0161 631 5555 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017