Butchery Apprenticeship Level 2 Cranswick Country Foods Plc
This apprenticeship scheme is based at the Preston site on the outskirts of Hull, working within a chilled production environment. This is an exciting opportunity for an Apprentice Butcher to learn the skills of a specialised pork butcher, whilst studying the theory side of butchery at college one day a week.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
14 Oct 2021
08 Oct 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
As an Apprentice Butcher you will be involved in learning knife skills to enable you to fully butcher pigs to various customer specifications. This will include:
- Knife training skill
- Boning out
- Machine operation
- Hygiene duties
- Health and safety
- Adherence to food hygiene and company standards is key to the role to produce high quality produce while maintaining customer standards
As part of the apprenticeship you will gain a Level 2 Certificate for proficiency in Meat and Poultry Skills and a potential job on successful completion.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Be able to work as part of a team as well as on your own
- Must be punctual and reliable
A good level of English and maths is preferred - GCSE grade 1/F or above (or equivalent qualifications).
A possible job on successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Working in a chilled environment.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Cranswick Country Foods is one of the largest pork processors in the UK, dealing with multiple customers, the foods service sector and further processors.
The Apprenticeship scheme is based at the Preston site on the outskirts of Hull, working within a chilled production environment, this is an exciting opportunity to learn the skills of a specialised pork butcher, whilst studying the theory side of butchery at college one day a week.
BISHOP BURTON COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Bishop Burton College
Michelle Bailey firstname.lastname@example.org
Training to be provided:
- Intermediate (Level 2) Butchery Apprenticeship Standard
- English and maths (if required)
- Level 2 Certificate for Proficiency in Meat and Poultry Industry Skills
- Level 2 Food Safety Award
- Level 2 Health and Safety in the Food Supply Chain Award
- Level 2 Knife Skills Award
- Life skills
- Leadership skills
- Support and training to enable your career progression throughout your apprenticeship and beyond
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.