Apprentice Butcher N Ansell
Catering and Retail Butchers. To learn all aspects of butchery from sausages to display and carcase breakdown.
Closing date: 04 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 39.00
Possible start date
05 Oct 2021
07 Oct 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are looking for an Apprentice Butcher to work 39 hours 5 days a week including Saturdays. They will be trained in all aspects of the meat industry.
Duties and tasks you will carry out are:
- Making Burgers and Sausages
- Seasoning meat
- Learning to cut meat to customers specifications
- Health and safety practices
- Food safety and hygiene practices
- Key legislation
Requirements and prospects
- Good communicator
- Able to work as part of a small team
- An interest in food
- Good time keeper
- Keen to learn
- Physically fit and able to carry meat
- Good standard of personal hygiene
- Good standard of written and spoken maths and English
- Cooking exams would be an advantage
To train to manage a section of Butchery.
Things to consider
It is hard work, and often involves weekend work. This can be physically demanding and in the winter it is a cold enviornment to work in.
About the employer
We are a small retail shop employing 4 staff. We serve the public through our shop, pubs, restaurants and a care home.
M.E.A.T Ipswich Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Meat East Anglia Trades (Ipswich) Ltd
Hannah 01473 270757 email@example.com
- Level 2 Butcher Qualification
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.