Apprentice Chef Hamilton Russell Arms
Glen C Rodger are looking for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to join their team as an Apprentice Chef. The successful candidate will work towards a Level 2 Commis Chef Apprenticeship.
Closing date: 18 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
22 Dec 2021
02 Oct 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
We are looking for a motivated, passionate individual to join our team as an Apprentice Chef.
You will be responsible for assisting in the preparation, cooking and presentation of food with the aim of delivering an excellent customer experience. You would also be required to undertake all reasonable duties as assigned by the Head Chef.
- Ensuring all menu items and specials are prepared, cooked and presented to company specification
- Maintaining portion control and ensuring wastage is kept to a minimum
- Receiving and checking food deliveries
- Assisting the Head Chef with orders, stock taking, food hygiene, training and development of the team
- Ensuring that all kitchen equipment is maintained and is working correctly
- Maximising the full sales potential of the restaurant and ensuring high standards are maintained
You must have basic cooking skills and have the desire to learn new ones. You will have a good working attitude and enjoy the buzz of working in a busy kitchen environment.
Requirements and prospects
- You need to have a keen interest in working in a busy kitchen environment and be dedicated to completing your apprenticeship
- Keen to develop your skills in the hospitality sector and enthusiastic to learn
- ·A smart and tidy appearance with a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene
- ·Flexibility to work weekends, evenings and holidays - this is a MUST in any hospitality role
A-D in maths and English preferred (or the equivalent).
Thorpe Thewles/Wynyard Gate is difficult to reach. You must be able to get to work reliably either via car (with your own driving licence,) lift or bus.
Possibility of a full time job for the right candidate on completion of the qualification and progression in the role.
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills. Please note, if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
About the employer
The Hamilton Russell Arms is a beautiful country pub and restaurant that mixes the traditional and the modern. John and Kara Cavanagh will provide the warm welcome, where the traditional values of a real country pub have been effortlessly blended with a superb restaurant where carefully sourced good local food, high quality beer and excellent wine are the order of the day.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
- Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in Maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.