Apprenticeship in Childcare Abacus Nursery
You will work five days a week at your nursery setting as a nursery assistant, gaining your practical experience. This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play. You will then attend college to gain your apprenticeship qualification.
Closing date: 31 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Apr 2023
28 Sep 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will work four days a week at your nursery setting as a nursery assistant, gaining your practical experience.
This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play.
You will then attend college to gain your apprenticeship qualification.
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records
- Respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality
- Support, promote and implement policies relating to diversity and equality
- Work well as part of a team
- Work with the team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery day
- Work in partnership with parents
- Attend parent events and meetings as required
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience in childcare is not a necessity but can help
- A genuine interest in wanting to care for children is essential
- Learners must be caring, professional and able to work well as a team
- Good time keeping, patience and enthusiasm are all positive qualities for nursery assistants
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Enjoys being creative
- Patience and the ability to remain calm at all times
- An understanding of and respect for the diversity of families
- Appropriate level of maturity and personal confidence
- A willingness to reflect on their own practice
- No qualifications are required for this apprenticeship. Functional skills are covered as part of the apprenticeship.
Level 2 Apprenticeship Vacancies:
- No Qualifications are required for this apprenticeship as functional skills will be covered for level 2
- A clear CRB may be required by the nursery
Learners can use this qualification to go into various care roles
You can progress onto the advanced apprenticeship and work your way up in the nursery going into team leading and management roles
You could also use your experience to go into teaching, nursing, midwifery, play work and social work. There are many directions you can go with your apprenticeship should you wish
Things to consider
Childcare is not about playing with babies all day. There will be a variety of activities to plan and deliver each day.
You may have key children that you look after and will have to communicate with staff, children, managers and parents at the nursery.
There will be a lot of cleaning to do and you may have to work long hours, although this will vary with each employer. It is hard work but it is very rewarding.
About the employer
Abacus has been one of Newbury's childcare gems for many years helping working families in the area from its large homely setting. The nursery has its own large car park and spacious secure gardens.
It has built a loyal following thanks to its family friendly features such as:
Opening times of 7:30am to 6:00pm
All Inclusive Service
- Meals freshly cooked and prepared on site every day
- Breakfasts, Snacks, Lunch, and Afternoon Tea
- Nappies and Wipes provided
Our Secure Parent Portal
- Where we share photos, videos, and key information about how your child spent their day with us
Active Events Calendar
- Lots going on for children to enjoy throughout the year
- Parents and relatives are welcome to join in the fun
- Our fun relaxed group where you help us to make the nursery even more remarkable and tell us how we can help you more
Easy to do business with
- No large deposit required or unnecessary paperwork to complete
- Pay by Direct Debit
- Nursery Manager can help with 95% of account queries
Babies and children under two enjoy two large play rooms in which to explore and grow in safety, with a cosy sleep room conveniently located between the two rooms. At the age of two children progress to a larger set of interconnected rooms on the ground floor where they have a wide choice of activities and toys to choose from. The Pre-School rooms are vibrant and educational introducing the children to numeracy and phonics activities whilst allowing children to learn through play and discovery.
All children have access to the garden each and every day where they can enjoy the great outdoors in spaces created especially for them. Your child can act out adventures in the play house, create sand sculptures in the covered sand pit, scoot along the safety surface on a selection of ride-a-longs, and even learn about animals in our petting area
CHILTERN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chiltern Training Ltd
Admissions Team 0118 956 6995 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner
- Intermediate apprentices will attend day release
- Functional Skills in maths, English
- Paediatric First Aid certificate
- End Point Assessment
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.