Apprentice Nursery Assistant Chatterbugs Nursery
Chatter Bugs are looking for a nursery assistant to assist them with the day to day duties of their childcare provisions between the ages of 6 months - 5 years. If you are enthusiastic, fun and caring this is your entry into the childcare industry!
Closing date: 12 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
13 Sep 2022
24 Sep 2020
Level 3 (A level)
Chatter Bugs Nursery are looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for their provision of children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Offering an opportunity to Earn as you Learn! You will be mentored and supervised by qualified professionals and you study to towards your NVQ Level 2 in Childcare.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times
- To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety
- To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities. To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child’s progress
- To foster each child’s development and growth of independence and self-reliance
- To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language
- As part of the team, to contribute and participate in:
- Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils
- Whole school/Centre record keeping
- Participating in meetings relating to: curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on school premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere
- To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence
- To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the school and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child
- To implement the Centres/ Council’s Equalities and Race Equality policies fully. To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status
- To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education. Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan
- To render first aid in accordance with school policy
- To support the school and Centre by participating in events at either site
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the setting
Requirements and prospects
Good verbal and written communication skills.
Caring, patient and enthusiastic.
No specific qualifications required.
Further training and employment opportunities.
Things to consider
DBS Check required.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Chatterbugs Nursery have a wealth of experience in the childcare industry and with their team of friendly professionals they offer the perfect place to hone and develop your childcare skills.
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
emily laurenza 01277725974 firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Years Educator Level 3 and English and Maths if required.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.