Level 3 Apprentice Nursery Assistant Little Leaders Preschool Ltd
We are looking for an energetic apprentice with a passion for childcare. If you love working with children and want a career in childcare then apply now!
Closing date: 06 Oct 2021
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
24 Sep 2020
Level 3 (A level)
- To take responsibility as the “key person” for a group of children – as designated by the Manager – ensuring that their overall needs are met, that new children are settled into the group and that any differentiation or adaptation is made to enable them to fully participate in the experiences on offer
- To incorporate children’s programmes devised by other professionals (for example, Speech and Language Therapist) into a play-based approach within the Early Years stage
- To develop and implement a rich and stimulating learning environment and curriculum both indoors and outdoors, which meets each child’s individual needs and enables them to reach their full potential
- With the support of senior members of staff, to monitor, assess and evaluate children’s developmental progress regularly, maintaining accurate and appropriate case records and reporting matters of concern (such as injuries and other significant incidents) to the Manager. Where appropriate, assist with making referrals to other professionals or agencies in consultation with senior staff and managers
- To assist senior staff to prepare reports and jointly participate in discussions, network meetings and reviews on children’s development
- To manage the meal and snack times for a group of children including the provision of light snacks, drinks, baby food, etc where appropriate, ensuring that the dietary needs of the children are met including those on special feeding programmes
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good observation and listening skills
- Desire to develop skills and knowledge
- A genuine enthusiasm for childcare
- Ability to motivate self and others
- A flexible approach to the work of the organisation
- Can add value to a team and take responsibility when required
- Maths and English GCSE's (A-C or 4-9) or equivalent
The candidate can progress onto further training or employment.
About the employer
The founder's own life experiences lead them to set up Little Leaders Pre-School in 2013, established as a community-based organisation to focus on and cater for the diverse communities we live in. With this in mind, we aim to provide as many free funded places as possible and a holistic approach to childcare.
We are acutely aware of an increasing disparity amongst young children and along with demographic changes, we aim to close these education gaps without bias towards a child’s social standing. With this growing demand, there is an absolute necessity to provide places to meet these needs whilst maintaining the highest of standards. We strive to build the foundations to a harmonious and close-knit community within our nurseries so that our children go on and take these learnings into their future.
Little Leaders' primary aim is to support children and families to achieve quality childcare during their early years, preparing them to enter formal education seamlessly and successfully.
We currently have four nurseries across North West London, two of which have been rated as Ofsted 'Good' with outstanding elements.
Little Leaders Preschool Ltd
FIRST RUNG LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Beverley Woodhouse 07805980150 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Early Years Educator
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.