Apprentice Hair Professional Mary Abiodun - T/A Afrotec Hair & Beauty
This is a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic, hardworking individual to work for a vibrant salon in Boston. You'll be learning all there is to know about the hairdressing industry from qualified, skilled stylists, with extra training and support from the team at Boston College.
Closing date: 10 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
15 Sep 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
Day to day duties may include but not be limited to:
- Style, finish, set and dress hair
- Cut hair using a variety of current techniques
- Colour and lighten hair
- Advise and consult with clients
- Wash, shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Promote and up-sell additional services and products
- Reception duties - answering calls & booking appointments as well as meeting and greeting our clients
- Stock control of products
- Attend your training at Boston College one day per week, keeping up to date with all assessment and portfolio requirements
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Be willing and able to follow instructions from others
- Passion for hairdressing
- Polite and well-mannered on the telephone and in person
- Well presented at all times
3 GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) including maths and English.
Successful completion of the Hairdressing Apprenticeship should enable you to apply for general employment in hairdressing salons, work as a mobile hairdresser or become a salon owner.
Things to consider
Due to the high number of applications, we may close this vacancy early, therefore your early application is advised.
About the employer
Mary Abiodun - T/A Afrotec Hair & Beauty
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Boston College
Hannah Stringer 01205 313238 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Hair Professional apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Diploma for Hair Professionals (Hairdressing)
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
During your apprenticeship you will cover the following:
- Health and safety
- Shampoo and condition
- Style and finish
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.