Ringer Villa Farm is looking for an Advanced Equine Assistant Apprentice to join an already established team of workers, currently caring for approximately thirty horses. New Direction is a therapeutic provision based at Ringer Villa.
Advanced Equine Assistant Apprenticeship
New Direction Inclusive Education Limited
Closing date: 26 May 2017
8.30 - 4pm Mon - Fri inc some w/e 35hrs
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
29 May 2017
13 Dec 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Equine Assistants are required to assist in caring for horses and small animals on the site. New Direction, a therapeutic provision based at Ringer Villa, provide opportunities for personal development, education and learning for children and adults. A large proportion of the activities have been established to include horses. Ringer Villa provides the horses and venue for these activities. All Equine Assistants are responsible to the Equestrian Manager.
The role requires:
- Candidates must have the experience to supervise and support members of staff.
- Allocate, monitor and check work completed by staff.
All duties must be carried out wearing safety equipment provided.
Requirements and prospects
- To work in a manner that respects the confidentiality of clients.
- To work around horses and animals in a safe and quite manner.
- Must be able to work as part of a team.
- Must have a flexible approach to work.
- Willing to do work of a routine and repetitive nature.
- Be smart of appearance and willing to wear a uniform/safety hat and clothes.
- Able to work to instructions and timescales, and adhere to work programmes.
- Work in adverse weather conditions e.g. rain, snow.
- Be a good time keeper.
- To be responsible and reliable, ensuring a safe working environment for people and horses on the premises.
- Empathy with animals
- A caring personality.
- Candidates must have a Level 2 Horse Care qualification or experience similar to this.
New Direction anticipates that with the support given to staff, a path of personal development will unfold. This enables people to make decisions about their career path. New Direction will support this process, focusing training and work opportunities within the organisation in a way that compliments the person's chosen path. It is possible that a job may be established through the Apprenticeship Scheme once the apprenticeship is completed.
Things to consider
Working outdoors in all weather. Accept that you may be asked to work at weekends, cover sickness (sometimes at short notice) and bank holidays...this could mean, as an example, Christmas Day. Occasionally you may have to work past the normal finishing hours. Important Other Information Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution. From October 1st 2016 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.40 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training. KEITS Training Services Ltd reserves the right to close the vacancy earlier than the listed closing date should the need arise.
About the employer
Provider of care for horses. Base for New Direction therapeutic centre providing personal development, education and personal learning for children and adults with learning difficulties.
- Training towards Level 3 Horse Care Apprenticeship based at the business full time.
- Training towards Functional Skills Maths and English Exams where needed.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by KEITS Training Services Ltd
Lisa Crook 07932 976002 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 May 2017