Apprentice Nursery Assistant LITTLE EXPLORERS DAY CARE LTD
To contribute a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children placed in the Setting; To give support to other personnel within the Setting; To implement the daily routine in the base room.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
14 Sep 2020
Level 3 (A level)
Duties and Responsibilities
- To contribute to a planned programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in conjunction with other staff
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on key children, for parents/carers
- Work alongside parents/carers of special needs children to provide full integration in the Setting
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- Uphold standards within the Setting by adhering to all policies and procedures
- Strive to safeguard children by working to the organisation’s safeguarding Code of Conduct
- Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members
- To attend ALL out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents/carers evenings summer fayre, Christmas party, etc
- To be flexible within working practices of Setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled
- Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the manager has initialled the report before the parent receives it
- Look upon the Setting as a "whole" where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children
- Ensure child is collected by someone known to Setting
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key worker
- Specific Child Care Tasks: the preparation and completion of activities to suit the child's stage of development; to ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing; washing and changing children as required; providing comfort and warmth to an ill child
- To ensure the Setting is of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
- To be aware of the high profile of the Setting and to uphold its standards at all times
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the workplace, ensuring Setting policies and procedures are observed at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Enthusiasm for working with young children
- An interest in the care, learning and development of young children
- A commitment to the provision of high quality childcare
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
- Good organisational, record keeping and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills, with children, colleagues, advisors and parents/carers
- Reliability and trustworthiness
- A positive approach to inclusive practice, with children and colleagues
- Flexibility – occasionally working hours might be changed, e.g. if the setting hosts a Parent’s Evening
- Able to work in small teams
- GCSE at level 9-4/A*-C (or equivalent in maths and English)
- Some understanding of the importance of Health & Safety and Food Hygiene in the workplace
From a Level 3 Apprenticeship, you can progress into further training or into full-time employment.
Things to consider
This post requires a DBS check as there may be periods of unsupervised access to children. An Enhanced DBS and satisfactory references would be obtained prior to commencement of employment.
About the employer
We take the greatest care to provide the right level of support and encouragement, so your child can grow in confidence, build on important social skills and learn at their own pace.
Our aim is to help your child develop physically, socially and emotionally – and ultimately get ready for school. Our qualified and experienced staff teams plan the warm and welcoming environments which provide the experiences from which children learn. The relationship between children and staff at our nurseries is based on respect and trust.
We welcome children from the age of two to five years and we recognise that they all have very different needs, based not only on how old they are, but also on individual personality and ability. Our all-inclusive unique learning programme incorporates the Early Years Framework and an exciting range of Extra-Curricular Clubs.
LITTLE EXPLORERS DAY CARE LTD
FIRST RUNG LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Beverley Woodhouse 07805980150 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.