Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship The Plumbing Distribution Company Ltd
Warehouse Operative, working in a team to provide high standards of organisation and fulfilment for our customers.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
02 Oct 2021
14 Sep 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
Warehouse Operatives From the moment an order is placed to the moment it is in the customer’s hands - it will be your job to receive, pick, pack, and prepare parcels. You will be expected to work to the highest standards to make sure The Plumbing Distribution Company exceeds customer expectations.
- Monday - Friday - 9am - 5pm
- 28 Day Holiday Benefits package
- Free onsite parking in pleasant working environment
- Uniform & PPE provided
- Excellent break room facilities
- Perks at work such as ice creams and pizza when targets are met
- Days off on Birthday after 1-year service complete
Training provided on site:
- We are following Covid19 guidelines to keep all staff safe It will be your job to receive, pick, pack, and prepare parcels
- Offloading goods from vehicles (forklift training provided where needed)
- Bringing items into the building and checking what has been received from suppliers
- Completing necessary paperwork
- Placing goods in designated areas outbound
- Picking - selecting items for a customer order in a timely manner
- Checking - checking the correct goods have been picked
- Packing - packing and labelling the items to be delivered to a customer
- Placing goods in areas designated for drivers to load vans from
- Maintaining constant replenishment of stock & excellent housekeeping
- Produce accurate records and paperwork
- Properly uses and maintains equipment regularly and replacing after use
- Follow management rota of jobs allocated to help achieve targets to meet
- Maintains great relations with other members of staff by work efficiently together
- Brings attention to management areas that could be improved or problems that arise
- You may also be given additional or different tasks as part of your day to day job
Requirements and prospects
Good written communication and a willingness to learn.
- Be punctual, honest & reliable
- Have a strong work ethic & desire to progress within the company
- Eager to learn
Candidates must have already achieved GCSE maths and English A*-E or grade 9-2 or equivalent.
Our company is full of people who have been promoted within.
Things to consider
You will need to have access to transport for this role, are you able to travel to work easily and is this affordable?
There could possibly be help available with transport costs for the right candidate.
Stand and/or walk for periods of up to 10 hours per day.
Lift and move products up to 23kg in weight - manual dexterity is required.
Lift, bend, reach above the head, kneel, crouch, and/or stretch of up to 10 hours per day.
Push and pull products up to 23kg in weight of up to 10 hours per day.
Regularly climb and descend ladders safely.
Understand training and Health & Safety instructions delivered in English.
About the employer
A family run, fast paced, customer focused business. Classed as one of the best distributors in the business due to its reliability and over and above attitude for customers. Excellent growth opportunities within the business for the right candidate.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
David Cornwell 01245 293119 firstname.lastname@example.org
L2 Supply Chain Warehouse Operative Apprenticeship Standard.
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.