Apprentice Nursery Practitioner Whipper Snappers
An opportunity to train to become an outstanding nursery practitioner at an outstanding setting. Whipper-snappers is a full day care nursery located on a farm in the village of felsted.
Closing date: 21 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Oct 2021
10 Sep 2020
Level 3 (A level)
Job Title - APPRENTICE Nursery Practitioner
This position requires a high degree of professionalism and is based on respect and trust. Our setting is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and we expect our staff to share this commitment.
Responsible to -
- Nursery Owners, Head of Early Years Practice and the Senior staff team
Main purpose of the job
- To gain a good understanding of the EYFS, child development and relevant legislation and work within this
- To ensure that all assignments are completed on time
- To support the aims and objectives of the nursery and within your room, completing the necessary roles
- To provide high standards of childcare and education – to include the monitoring and review activities and provision, this includes providing a safe, caring environment to enable the children’s development across all areas of the Development Matters
- To implement all policies, procedures and guidelines in relation to the EYFS
- To gain a sound understanding of safeguarding policy and procedures
- To ensure that high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- To ensure our confidentiality policy is followed at all times
- Develop good lines of communication and encourage the parents to be involved in their child’s learning journey
- To provide a range of simulating activities and opportunities for the children
- To work with our ENCO and senior members of staff to ensure an inclusive and diverse environment
- To be flexible within working practices of the nursery – be prepared to help where needed, including undertaking certain domestic jobs
- To be involved in all out of working hours activities, e.g. training, staff meetings. Parents evenings, team nights out etc.
- To spend quality time with the children
- Engage in continuous updating of own skills and knowledge. Always modelling outstanding practice and engage in self-reflection
- Contribute to and work within a multi-professional team and support other in the implementation of these
- Ensure you provide the best possible opportunities making the most out of all opportunities e.g. meal times, times outside etc.
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature as may be determined from time to time by the management team
The post holder will work as part of a team and will maintain a close working relationship with colleagues, parents, children and other agencies.
Requirements and prospects
- Exceptional communication skills both verbal and written
- Ability to use own initiative
- Able to work well in a team
- High standards of timekeeping
- Willingness to learn
- A caring nature with an excellent attitude
- You will need to be committed, flexible, reliable, polite, conscientious, have lots of energy with a good sense of fun
- Possess enthusiasm and a strong belief in the importance of the early years
- Level 2 in childcare
- Grade C/4 in GCSE English Language and maths or equivalent
- First Aid Certificate or willing to obtain
- Safeguarding Level 2 training or willing to obtain
- Signed up to a Level 3 relevant childcare qualification
Increase in hourly rate dependent on performance.
Possible employment when qualified at level 3 depending on vacancies.
Things to consider
Nursery t-shirt and fleece will be provided. You will need to provide your own black trousers and flat black shoes.
Enhanced DBS check required.
About the employer
Private, family owned daycare nursery business.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
Annette Sonnet email@example.com
Level 3 standard for Early years educator.
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Minimum 30 hours – Maximum 40 hours.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.