Apprentice Carer RODENVINE (NOTTINGHAM) LIMITED
Are you looking to start a career in Health and Social Care in a nurturing environment which will give you the skills, knowledge and behaviours you will need to be successful in this field? If so, and you are a caring and compassionate person this could be the ideal position for you.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
07 Oct 2021
09 Sep 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
You will begin by assisting the activities co-ordinator which will help you get to know the residents and the other members of staff, you will then progress onto assisting the breakfast carer who will help you learn about nutritional needs and you will support with making snacks and meals and assist the residents with their meals.
Once you feel ready to move on to a more caring role you will work with the care team, you will always be supported and will never work alone during this time you will develop your personal care skills.
By the end of the 12 months you will have experienced everything there is too within the home (apart from working night shifts).
The main duties and responsibilities:
- To assist Service users in rising from bed, washing, dressing, bathing and general personal hygiene
- To assist Service Users in toileting needs
- To assist Service Users in meal times and snacks and drinks throughout the day
- To help Service Users in day to day living and activities
- To help assist Service Users to live freely and independently and to maintain dignity and respect
- To report to Senior staff any concerns with the Service Users or the environment of the home
- To record in Service Users daily charts and records
Applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Centre with Vision Apprentices as part of the screening process.
The employer reserves the right to close this vacancy early should a suitable candidate be identified prior to the published closing date.
Requirements and prospects
- Time management skills
- Organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- Self-motivated & reliable
- Confidence with meeting/speaking to new people and conversing with ease
- Genuine interest in the sector
- Smart professional appearance
GCSE Grades A* to C or equivalent are essential, specifically maths and English. 2017 grading system, grade 9 - grade 4.
Vision Business has strong employer links within the sector and we encourage all our employers to consider further opportunities, this may include progression onto an advanced/higher apprenticeship or full time employment.
Things to consider
- Only applications with a current contact number and/or email address can be accepted
- All applications are acknowledged by telephone in the first instance
- Every applicant must attend a Vision Business Assessment Centre prior to being presented to the employer
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
On successful appointment:
- You will be entitled to receive statutory annual leave
- This is a weekly/monthly paid post
- You are responsible for funding your own travel to and from your place of work
- You must work with your specialist to complete apprenticeship work on time and to the best of your ability
- You must conduct yourself in a safe and diligent manner and comply with health and safety policies and procedures
- You must uphold and promote the company policies and procedures, promoting those specifically to your area of work, including Equality and Diversity and Safeguarding
- Please note this vacancy may close earlier than the planned closing date in the event of the position being filled
About the employer
Vision Business is proud to be working with Parker House Nursing Home to help them recruit and train their newest apprentice to join their small, caring and friendly team. This position has become available due to the successful completing of their current apprentice.
Parker House delivers high levels of care to its 25 residents who have high level dementia and/or nursing care.
The successful apprentice will be completing an Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship at Level 2 and will be employed directly employed by Parker House Nursing Home for the duration of the apprenticeship with possible progression opportunities beyond.
RODENVINE (NOTTINGHAM) LIMITED
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Leoni Hirst 01623627191
Adult Care Worker Level 2 Standard.
Vision Business is part of the West Nottinghamshire College Group. West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
An apprenticeship is an on the job learning programme that allows you, the apprentice, to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards theory elements in addition to putting the theory into practice.
As part of your apprenticeship and dependent on your prior attainment you may be required to complete maths, English and ICT Functional Skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
Vision Business will also work with you to ensure your knowledge of Employment Rights and Responsibilities are at the required level for an apprentice.
Should you have any questions or wish to discuss this or any other vacancy please call the Vision Apprentices team on 01623 627191 extension 8799.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.