Early Years Apprentice Westfield House
We are looking for a person with a passion and commitment to working with children to join our school as an Early Years Apprentice.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
03 Sep 2020
Level 3 (A level)
Work in partnership with teachers and other professional agencies to provide effective support with learning activities:
- Awareness of and work within school policies and procedures
- Support pupils to understand instructions, support independent learning and inclusion of all pupils
- Participate in planning and evaluation of learning activities with the teacher, providing feedback to the teacher on pupil progress
- Support pupils in developing and implementing their own personal and social development
- Assist pupils with eating, dressing and hygiene, as required, whilst encouraging independence
- Provide emergency basic first aid if appropriate, ensuring timely referral to health professionals where necessary
- Support the teacher in behaviour management and keeping pupils on task based on the expectations for individual pupils
- Support learning by arranging/providing resources for lessons/activities under the direction of the teacher
- Support the work of volunteers and other teaching assistants in the classroom
Requirements and prospects
- A good understanding of ICT
- Good communication skills
- Good organisational skills, ability to show initiative
- Ability to build effective relationships with pupils’ families, liaising sensitively & effectively with them, recognising your role in pupils’ learning
- To work constructively as part of a team, understanding classroom roles and responsibilities and your own position within these
- To be a good role model
- 4 GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent)
- Level 2 qualification in Early Years (or equivalent)
To be confirmed.
About the employer
At Westfield House we believe that children are full of curiosity and creativity, they are not empty memory banks waiting to be filled with facts, figures and dates.
Our curriculum is flexible and emerges from children's ideas, thoughts and observations. We are inspired by Reggio Emilia and our goal is to cultivate within our children a lifelong passion for learning and exploration.
NEW COLLEGE DURHAM
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College Durham
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.