Apprentice Barista - Hospitality Team Member INSOMNIA MARKET HARBOROUGH LTD
You’ll be responsible for serving customers and making up their orders. Your role is to make sure that customers enjoy their food and drink in a pleasant environment.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
03 Oct 2021
16 Sep 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
- Preparing the coffee shop ready for opening
- Taking customer orders and payments
- Grinding fresh coffee beans
- Using Barista equipment
- Preparing and serving sandwiches and cakes
- Cleaning and tidying work areas, equipment and coffee machines
- Creating displays of stock
- Doing stock checks and ordering new stock
- Cleaning and tidying the coffee shop before closing
Requirements and prospects
- An outgoing personality
- Excellent customer service skills
- To work well under pressure
- Attention to detail
- The ability to work well with others
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- Sensitivity and understanding
- The ability to use your initiative
GCSE grade D/3 or equivalent and above in maths and English
Potential Full time position on completion of apprenticeship.
Things to consider
Working hours, patterns and environment:
You’ll usually work on a shift pattern and may cover early morning and late afternoon opening hours.
You may also need to work some weekends and bank holidays.
The role can be physically demanding so you’ll need to be reasonably fit. The environment can be busy, hot and noisy.
About the employer
Welcome to Insomnia, Heaven in a cup. We are a coffee shop situated in The Symington Building in the centre of Market Harborough. We are the first Insomnia branch to open in the UK.
Our philosophy is simple; you will get the best cup of coffee, in whichever format you choose, every time you visit our store. Our unique blend of Fairtrade premium coffee is specially roasted for us weekly. The shorter the time between roasting and serving, the fresher, smoother and fuller flavoured the taste.
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND HINCKLEY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by North Warwickshire & South Leicestershire College
- Hospitality Team Member Level 2 Barista pathway
- Functional skills if required
All training will be work based with no college attendance unless the candidate needs to do Functional Skills.
Optional workshops can be attended to build on business skills.
This is a standard at Level 2 and there will be an End Point assessment after month 12
This will consist of
- Multiple Choice Test
- Practical Observation
- Business Project
- Professional Discussion
To complete work based exit and Progression discussion with Training Assessor and mentor.
Hospitality team member
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.