Doctor's Receptionist Springwood Surgery
The post involves receiving patients at the front desk, dealing with patient enquires by telephone, directing patients to the service which best meets their needs and booking appointments.
Closing date: 30 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
05 Jan 2022
28 Aug 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties to include:
- Answering the telephone and dealing with enquiries in a polite and efficient Manner
- Booking appointments from Phone/Verbal requests using clinical computer systems
- Receiving patients at the front desk in a friendly and cheerful manner and checking them in on the computer
- Care Navigating patients to the service which best meets their health and wellbeing needs
- Registering new patients and supplying practice information
- Accepting requests for prescriptions, checking that the details match the relevant patient and handling out appropriate prescriptions
- Efficiently dealing with queries and problems from doctors, nursing staff, attached staff, ancillary staff, patients and outside agencies.
- Sorting incoming/outgoing posts
- Shredding of confidential documentation
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communication skills
- Good computer skills
- The ability to deal with customers in a sensitive manner
- Attention to detail
- Must enjoy communicating with people and be polite and sensitive to practice requirements
- Have the ability to work on own initiative and to deadlines
- The right candidate should have GCSEs at grades 3/E or above in English and maths or equivalent
The Level 2 Customer Service is a great route into working for different Companies and can progress to further qualifications.
The Employer has stated that there maybe the possibility of employment at the end of a successful apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This vacancy is to start immediately therefore you must be available to start before applying. The closing date, interview date and start date are subject to change. This vacancy may close early if sufficient applications are received. Please ensure you apply early to avoid disappointment.
Individuals are able to undertake an apprenticeship at a higher level than a qualification they currently hold, including any previously completed apprenticeships. Individuals can also undertake an apprenticeship at the same level, or lower level than a qualification they already hold as long as the new apprenticeship allows for new skills to be acquired and the content of the training is materially different from any previous qualification or apprenticeship. For example, if you already have a Level 4 qualification you still may be able to complete an apprenticeship at any level providing you meet the eligibility criteria and are learning substantive new skills.
Please note; if you have been progressed, you will be contacted to complete a telephone interview. Please expect to receive a call from us within 5 working days. Applicants must go through this telephone procedure for your application to be progressed.
Please be aware that as Northern Skills Group provide a recruitment matching service, we will also consider you for roles which pay the Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week). For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates.
About the employer
NHS General Practice (GP) Surgery, providing healthcare in Guisborough.
The doctors and staff at Springwood Surgery are proud to offer the highest standard of patient-centred healthcare.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Northern Skills Group
cath byrne 07912 478912 email@example.com
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT (where required)
- Day release class
Customer service practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.