Childcare Apprenticeship Waltham Chase Pre School
2 year Childcare apprenticeship working at Waltham Chase Pre-School through Fareham College
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
25 Aug 2017
12 Dec 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Recognise the responsibility of the role and conduct themselves professionally at all times.
- Plan and supervise activities like arts and crafts, music and cooking
- Help children to learn numeracy skills through activities like counting games
- Read stories and provide activities to develop the children’s language skills
- Take children on outings
- Feed and change babies
- Observe children and make notes for use in reports
- Work to Early Years Foundation Stage standards on child learning
- Make sure the children are safe and well at all times (safeguarding)
- Report any concerns to your manager, such as signs of abuse.
- Attend relevant meetings and courses, outside of work hours as appropriate.
- Advise the Manager of any matter requiring attention
- Keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff.
- Be completely aware of the policies and follow the procedure which they underpin
- Keep up-to date with legislation and national regulations relating to Childcare
Requirements and prospects
- A warm, caring and patient nature
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work with young children and their families in a sensitive and positive way
- An interest in child development
- A sense of responsibility
Grade C in or above in GCSE Maths and English or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
Waltham Chase Pre School
- NVQ level 3 in Childcare
- Functional Skills (if required)
Children and Young People's Workforce
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Fareham College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2017