Apprentice Dental Nurse Wheatley Hill Dental Laboratory
Attend to the surgeries at the dental practice and learn the skills to become a dental nurse.
Closing date: 18 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
08 Nov 2021
28 Aug 2020
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- To provide chairside assistance ensuring the correct equipment is available
- Keep clinical area and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile according to the practice health and safety infection control procedures and manufacturer’s instructions
- Ensure the care and welfare of patients, accurately complete patient clinical records as directed
- Handle all substances in accordance with health and safety rules and guidance
- Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed
- Complete lab request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stock of materials and other items within the surgery
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice
Requirements and prospects
- Good timekeeping skills
- People skills
- Outgoing personality
- Hard working
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Potential of full-time employment upon completion of this Apprenticeship.
About the employer
We are a passionate and steadfast team of 7. Together, we believe in one success formula - Best Service Delivery, every time.
A beautiful smile, takes one, extra mile;
and we deliver the smile;
Best smile service hence is a must;
we have the proof, it is your trust.
Your Wheatley Hill Dental Surgery is now preparing for its centenary celebration. Yes, it is completing its 100 years of service soon and we owe all our success to the trust put in by you.
NEW COLLEGE DURHAM
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College Durham
Level 3 Dental Nurse apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.