Level 3 Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship First Steps Day Care Centre
We are looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic individual to join our friendly Nursery team. This is position is for someone who is dedicated to working with early years and wants to train towards their NVQ level 3.
Closing date: 06 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
18 Oct 2021
24 Aug 2020
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will include:
- To have a strong understanding of key policies and procedures
- To know and understand EYFS
- To work with the nursery software
- To be punctual and willing to do overtime when required
- To be well presented at all times
- Maintaining children’s health and hygiene (preparing food, changing nappies, etc.)
- To support the owner of the nursery and work in the best interests of the nursery at all times
- To attend monthly meetings
- Where necessary, be prepared to work with the nursery nurses to cover staff leave/absences
- Ensure that risk assessments are carried out daily, termly, and annually
- Keep attendance records for all of the children up to date
- When necessary, to show potential customers around the nursery and be able to discuss the nursery policies with them
- To conduct home visits for new children
- To assist with the general administration of the nursery, as directed by the owner
Requirements and prospects
- Confidence to interact with colleagues and children
- Good communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Enthusiastic and energetic
- To work as part of a team
- To use your own initiative
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
From a Level 3 Apprenticeship, you can progress into further training or into full-time employment.
About the employer
We are a small friendly full-day care nursery which welcomes and serves a diverse community. Operating from a Scout hut, the nursery benefits from a large outdoor playing field as well as a smaller enclosed area, exclusively used for the nursery's children.
First Steps Day Care Centre
FIRST RUNG LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Beverley Woodhouse 0780 598 0150 email@example.com
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.