Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship QUEENBEE NURSERY LIMITED
This is a great opportunity to start your childcare career in a newly renovated nursery which has an interactive white board, modern equipment and an undercover outdoor area with heating to maximise fantastic play and learning opportunities. Join our team now and earn whilst you learn!
Closing date: 26 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
06 Jun 2022
24 Aug 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- To contribute to a planned programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in conjunction with other staff
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on key children, for parents/carers
- Work alongside parents/carers of special needs children to provide full integration in the Setting
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team
- Uphold standards within the Setting by adhering to all policies and procedures
- Strive to safeguard children by working to the organisation’s safeguarding Code of Conduct
- Liaise with and support parents/carers and other family members
- To be flexible within working practices of Setting. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Setting, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people
Requirements and prospects
- Skills, aptitude, knowledge and experience
- Enthusiasm for working with young children
- An interest in the care, learning and development of young children
- A commitment to the provision of high-quality childcare
- A positive approach to learning and gaining new skills through teamwork and training opportunities
- Ability to work independently using own initiative
- Good written, verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Good organisational, record keeping and planning skills
- Excellent communication skills, with children, colleagues, advisors and parents/carers
- Reliability and trustworthiness
- A positive approach to inclusive practice, with children and colleagues
- Proactive and positive team player, able to work constructively as part of a team to understand roles and responsibilities within the Setting and own position within these
No formal qualifications required but assessment will be carried out at interview to determine whether this programme is suitable.
The successful candidate can go onto further training, an apprenticeship at Level 3, or into employment.
Things to consider
Come and meet the team, so you can learn more about our Apprenticeships and Traineeships and the types of employers we work with. We can then support you with the next step of your career.
About the employer
At our brand-new nursery we’ve been busy bees – completely renovating the building to the highest standards and opening our doors to all children aged 3 months to 5 years from April 2016.
We aim to:
- Provide high quality care and education for children below statutory school age
- Work in partnership with parents to help children to learn and develop
- Add to the life and well-being of the local community; and
- Offer children and their parents a service that promotes equality and values diversity
QUEENBEE NURSERY LIMITED
FIRST RUNG LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by FIRST RUNG
Beverley Woodhouse 07805980150 email@example.com
Level 2 Early Years Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Certificate for the Children & Young Peoples Workforce
- Paediatric First Aid
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.