Bricklaying Apprentice Nicholas David Luxon
Nicholas David Luxon are looking to take on an Apprentice Bricklayer to work on construction projects in and around Plymouth. The apprentice will receive full training and support throughout their apprenticeship and be supervised at all times on the construction site.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Aug 2021
11 Aug 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
Throughout your apprenticeship you will be taught the skills and knowledge you need to know to successfully complete the qualification.
- The successful apprentice will learn how to use all the specialist hand tools, machinery and power tools associated with this role
- You will need to show attention to detail when cutting and aligning brickwork and slabs
- You will be shown how to use all the power tools and specialised cutting equipment safely and correctly by a qualified member their team
- Along with this, you will be preparing mortar by hand and by mixer, setting out work areas and some manual lifting
Requirements and prospects
- Good practical skills
- Passionate about construction
- Ability to work in an accurate and organised manner
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Ability to work as part of a team and a good level of fitness
- The apprentice must be reliable and motivated to work within the construction sector and undertake national recognised qualifications
- Good communication skills and able to work as part of a team and take instructions
- Good time keeping as construction workers are on site early in the morning
- Able to cope with the physically demanding role
There are no prior qualifications required for this role.
On completion of your level 2 apprenticeship with the company, an opportunity for full time employment will be available for the right candidate.
About the employer
Nicholas David Luxon is a bricklaying company based in Plymouth that carries out work within Plymouth and the surrounding areas.
Nicholas David Luxon
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Lauren Patterson 01752 332442
- Level 2 Bricklayer Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills maths and English (If GCSE maths and English are not at Grade C/4 or above)
- Employment responsibilities and rights
- CSCS training to be provided
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.