Nursery Nurse Apprentice Smilers Nursery Ltd
Being a key worker for individual children. Being responsible for caring for babies and children. Planning activities according to the EYFS. Working with parents and other team members.
Closing date: 01 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Feb 2022
10 Aug 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
This vacancy is advertised by the Training Trust on behalf of Smilers Nursery Ltd.
- An ability to work into all areas of the nursery with different age groups of children
- Fully understand the EYFS, to plan activities and to record the children’s development as they move through the nursery
- Prepare snacks for the children
- To attend to their personal care needs throughout the day, ensuring that the child is respected and safe at all times
- Feeding the children and attending to the sleep and rest needs throughout the day
- Helping with supervising children during activities and play
- Helping with setting up equipment and areas for activities, making sure everything is safe and suitable for the children
- Being responsible for maintaining a clean and safe environment for the children, staff and parents alongside other staff
- Reporting the room leader and managers of the nursery
Requirements and prospects
- Some knowledge of working with children preferable, though not essential
- Good use of English and maths
- Kind and caring qualities
- Bubbly personality
- Reliable and good timekeeping
- Willingness to learn
- Conscientious and works to a high standard
- GCSE Maths and English Grades 4-9 (A-C) preferable or equivalent
- Previous childcare qualification preferable though not essential
Progressing onto the Advanced Apprenticeship (Level 3) standard if successful in completing your coursework in the allotted time and good feedback from the employer.
Things to consider
- Early starts
- Train or bus journey
- Working with young children can be very tiring!
- Late finishes
- Being answerable to your manager or room leader
You will be attending college 1 day/fortnight, which will be included as part of your working week.
About the employer
Smilers Day Nursery registered in 1996. It is situated in Leyton, in the London Borough of Waltham Forest. Smilers Nursery’s children range from the age of 3 months to 5 years. All of their current children are from many multicultural backgrounds, currently there are 70 children on their roll. The nursery is situated in a residential area in a converted house with its own garden area, but also close to local amenities for taking the children out on trips.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Trust (WFCCTT)
Joe Lucas 0208 5181344 email@example.com
- Level 2 Early Years Practioner Standard
- Functional skills (if required)
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.