Bricklaying Apprentice BFI Buildings Limited
BFI Buildings Limited are looking to take on an Apprentice Bricklayer to work on construction projects in and around Plymouth. The apprentice will receive full training and support throughout their apprenticeship and be supervised at all times on the construction site.
Closing date: 27 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
06 Aug 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
The apprentice will be supervised at all times working closely with the employer to learn all aspects of bricklaying.
Work duties will include:
- Safe working practices
- Setting out work areas
- Understanding and Interpreting information
- Preparing mortar by hand
- Using specific tools required for tasks
- Measuring materials and cutting
- Keeping all work areas clean and tidy, and Manual Lifting
Requirements and prospects
- Good practical skills
- Passionate about construction
- Ability to work in an accurate and organised manner
- Awareness of Health and Safety
- Ability to work as part of a team and a good level of fitness
- Good communication skills and able to work as part of a team and take instructions.
- The apprentice must be reliable and motivated to work within the construction sector and undertake national recognised qualifications.
- Good time keeping as construction workers are on site early in the morning.
- Able to cope with the physical demands of the role
There are no formal qualifications required for this role.
On completion of your level 2 apprenticeship with the company, an opportunity for full time employment will be available for the right candidate.
About the employer
BFI Buildings Limited are a Bricklaying company based in Plymouth, carrying out work within Plymouth and Surrounding Areas.
BFI Buildings Limited
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Lauren Patterson 01752 332442
- Level 2 Bricklayer Apprenticeship
- Functional Skills maths and English (If GCSE maths and English are not at Grade C/4 or above)
- Employment responsibilities and rights
- CSCS training to be provided
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.