Bricklaying Apprentice Scott Ivins
Scott Ivins is looking for a bricklaying apprentice to join his team in Plymouth and the surrounding areas.
Closing date: 24 Aug 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
31 Aug 2021
17 Jul 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
Scott works on new build properties in the Devon and Cornwall area.
Main duties will include :
- Applying and sealing foundations with materials that are damp-resistant
- You will be spreading and removing excess mortar
- Inspecting vertical and horizontal brick alignment
- Along with this, you will be applying bricks, blocks and pavers in lines or following decorative patterns or designs
- Clearing up work space after each day and cleaning tools
You will be working alongside other builders so will also pick up experience in other home improvement activities that are carried out.
Due to the nature of the work, a CSCS card is required to be able to get onto the building site, training on this will be given if you pass the interview stage with Skills Group.
Requirements and prospects
- The ideal candidate should be eager and keen to succeed within the construction industry
- You will need to be able to cope with the physical demands of the role
- Good communication is required to work well within a small friendly team
- You must always be on time and prompt with the work you carry out
- The successful candidate needs to have strong motivation to work hard and to a high standard to succeed in this role
- You will need to be confident and outgoing as well as enthusiastic about the Construction Industry
- A good head for heights would be desirable as you will be working at heights on scaffolding and platform towers, both indoors and outdoors
Qualifications desired for this role include GCSE's grades A* – E in maths and English, or equivalent qualifications.
On completion of your Level 2 apprenticeship with the company, an opportunity to apply for a full time post may be offered to the right candidate.
About the employer
Scott Ivins is an established employer within construction and bricklaying, Scott works on large sites around the Devon and Cornwall area on new build sites. Scott has over 10 years experience and is a supportive employer who is keen to teach new skills to a new member of his team.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills to Group Ltd
Skills Group 01752 332442
The Apprenticeship in Bricklaying consists of:
Level 2 Bricklayer Standard
Construction Skills Health, Safety and Environment test – CSCS Test
As part of the apprenticeship programme, attendance is required at our Skills Group training centre for one day per week. All other aspects of the qualification will be delivered on-site by the employer. You will have regular visits every six to eight weeks from your designated Skills Group assessor, who will monitor your progress during your apprenticeship training.
Whilst at the Skills Group training centre, you will learn the necessary skills and gain experience to help you throughout your role. Part of your training will be knowledge and theory based, whilst the rest will be practical. You will develop your hand skills, carry out brick and block work, learn the correct use of specific tools, carry out pointing and learn mortar ratio mixes under the guidance of your assessor. Learning all these additional skills will benefit you on returning to the employer.
As an additional qualification you will also achieve your Emergency First Aid and Health and Safety Certificate, along with Internet Safety and Safeguarding.
As part of your apprenticeship Skills Group will also support you to complete your online CSCS test, which will enable you to apply for your CSCS Card. This shows that you are at the required competent level to carry out site work with the employer.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.