Nursery Assistant - Apprenticeship HIGHFIELD NURSERY LTD
A fantastic opportunity has arisen with Abbey Wood Grange Nursery. You will be responsible for looking after children and learning from our experienced staff within the nursery.
Closing date: 29 Nov 2021
£184.80 to £356.40
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Dec 2021
02 Jul 2020
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties will include:
1. To work the shift everyday as arranged by the nursery, and ensure that you report in at least 10 minutes before your shift starts.
2. To attend college if required to do so one day per week and to adhere to their rules and regulations.
3. To assist the Nursery Assistants and Nursery Nurses in supervising the children in their daily activities.
4. To be aware of the children’s health, safety and security at all times.
5. To attend out of working hours activities, to include training, staff meetings and special events.
6. To help maintain a non-racial and non-sexist environment at all times considering different diets and religious practices, respect and value all colleagues, children and parents, encouraging a positive and diverse working environment.
7. To help keep the room clean and tidy for both children and staff especially after meal times and messy play activities, and to help maintain the Nursery equipment.
8. To take your lunch break as follows: 1 hour between 12.00pm and 1.00pm
9. To book any Annual Leave in advance (Christmas Week and Bank Holidays are inclusive of your holiday entitlement)
10. To follow any specific duties or assignments given from time to time as the need arises.
This Job Description is intended to give you an indication of the main duties, but is not meant to be an exhaustive list.
Requirements and prospects
- Emotional intelligence
- Good with children
Potential full time opportunity upon completion
About the employer
Abbey Wood Grange Nursery South Croydon operates from an extended three-story house in a private, residential area in Kenley, South Croydon, Surrey.
Just a short walk from Kenley train station, close to local bus services (Godstone Road), they offer the highest quality childcare and pride themselves in meeting the high standards set for children's nursery care, they are members of the National Day Nursery Association.
As a registered provider of early years education they offer the Nursery Education Grant which entitles all three and four-year-olds to either 15 or 30 hours of Government funded nursery sessions per week. The nursery in South Croydon enjoys spacious and fully enclosed outdoor play areas with a wide range of outdoor equipment to allow the children to have fun whilst gaining physical skills, fresh air and exercise.
THE RECALVI ENTERPRISE LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by THE RECALVI ENTERPRISE LTD
Amy Wilson 07802418423 email@example.com
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Standard
- Functional Skills in maths and English if required
Full training to be provided whilst on the job.
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.