Apprentice Nursery Assistant Stepping Stones Child Care Ltd
Stepping Stones Nursery are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and motivated individual to join their team of professionals, providing a high standard of childcare for children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2022
07 May 2020
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children place in the setting
- To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn
- To build and maintain strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met
- To implement and promote all Policies and Procedures and the Staff Rules
- To have an understanding of children’s development, their needs and the provision of positive play
- To demonstrate a genuine care for children
- To care for and supervise the group of children assigned to them
- To ensure their safety at all times
- To take an interest in the children and their families, to treat them as individuals and with respect at all times
- To create an interesting and stimulating environment for the child to develop all their skills
- To ensure positive management of children’s behaviour
- To carry out house-keeping duties as appropriate
- To ensure the ethos, implementation and legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To ensure an adherence to the health and safety policy relating to the provision of play
- To support senior members of staff to ensure appropriate Child Protection procedures are put into place
- To be flexible and adaptable, to assist in all areas of nursery work and to provide support for other members of staff
- To assist in the keeping of development records and observation, and accident, incident and risk assessment records as appropriate
- To be able to think and act quickly in a stressful or emergency situation, and to be aware of the correct procedures
- To attend staff meetings and training courses as directed by course tutors in order to complete the Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- Team work
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English are preferable but not essential.
Further training and potential full-time employment.
Things to consider
Childcare is a very demanding industry with long hours and early starts. It requires you to be active the majority of the day. It is also a very rewarding job as you will have an invaluable impact of the development of the children.
Please be aware that the start date is subject to change due to the current pandemic.
Please contact Care First Training for more information or assistance.
Once you have progressed your application with us, we will notify you of any updates from the employer with potential changes.
About the employer
Stepping Stones Childcare have many years' experience in providing a secure and happy environment for your children. Children from 6 months to 5 years of age are divided into three groups, the Joeys, the Possums and the Roos.
Each group enjoys a structured daily programme with activities designed to stimulate curious minds. Professional staff encourage the social development of all our children. From toddlers to pre-school children, they learn to share, take turns and respect each other. At Stepping Stones Childcare, we pride ourselves on being completely transparent about fees and opening times.
We would recommend that potential parents take time to read our latest Ofsted report but for a personal view, please read our parent's comments. With plenty of outdoor space, Stepping Stones Childcare encourage children to run, climb and jump under the careful eye of a qualified supervisor.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Emily Laurenza 01277725974 email@example.com
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.