Nursery Assistant Apprentice NEW BIRTH DAY NURSERY LTD.
To support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2022
07 May 2020
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- To support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures of Childcare Providers and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards
- Working as part of a team
- To have sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and to work within this standard
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- The planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Keeping development records and observations
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of mealtimes, and where appropriate, preparation of babies' bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parents’ evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
- Practical understanding of safeguarding duties, role of safeguarding officer and current safeguarding legislations
Requirements and prospects
Good communication skills
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) are preferable
Possible permanent position upon completion.
Things to consider
Please be aware that the start date is subject to change due to the current pandemic.
Please contact Care First Training for more information or assistance.
Once you have progressed your application with us, we will notify you of any updates from the employer with potential changes.
About the employer
New Birth Nursery is a private family run setting. We strive to provide excellent quality care for all our children. The nursery in East Ham is registered for 94 children, the nursery in Stepney is registered for 17 children and the nursery in Barkingside is registered for 55 children.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Emily Laurenza 01277725974 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.