Apprentice Nursery Practitioner East Ham Baptist Pre-School Playgroup
East Ham Baptist Pre-School Playgroup is looking for an enthusiastic, caring individual to join their team of professionals in caring for the provision of children.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2022
07 May 2020
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities and accountabilities:
- To ensure that each child’s potential is fully developed in a social, physical, psychological and cultural sense and their development both as an individual and as a member of a group, is paramount at all times
- To share responsibility for the preparation of a stimulating and caring environment, with due regard to all aspects of Health and Safety
- To participate in planning and organising appropriate play and educational activities. To observe, assess and contribute to the written record of each child’s progress
- To foster each child’s development and growth of independence and self-reliance
- To encourage the children in developing both English and their own language
- Participating in meetings relating to curriculum development, general administration, school organisation and pastoral arrangements
- Maintaining good order and discipline among pupils, safeguarding their health and safety, both on school premises and when engaged in authorised school activities elsewhere
- To provide personal care to a child, whilst at the same time encouraging their independence
- To encourage and value the involvement of parents/carers in the life of the school and to appreciate and recognise the expert knowledge they have of their child
- To implement the Centres/ Council’s Equalities and Race Equality policies fully. To work actively to overcome and prevent discrimination on the grounds of race, religion, gender, disability, sexuality and status
- To be aware of own practice and keeping up with current trends in education. Attend relevant courses and INSET, in accordance with priorities in the Centre Development Plan
- To render first aid in accordance with school policy
- To support the school and Centre by participating in events at either site
- To undertake any other duties as may be required from time to time to meet the needs of the setting
- Attend Apprenticeship Appointments and completing assignments on time
- To attend team meetings and imputing ideas
- Under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- To provide adult interaction with children in the nursery
- To be aware of the nurseries confidentiality policy
As part of the team, to contribute and participate in:
- Planning and preparation of the class, group work and individual work to suit the needs and age of the pupils
- Whole school/Centre record keeping
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills
- GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) are preferable
Possible permanent position.
Things to consider
A DBS Check will be required.
Please be aware that the start date is subject to change due to the current pandemic.
Please contact Care First Training for more information or assistance.
Once you have progressed your application with us, we will notify you of any updates from the employer with potential changes.
About the employer
Here at East Ham Baptist Church Register for 52 Places.
Monday - Friday from 7am-7pm.
From 3 months - 5years old.
We also have a pickup and drop off service at your request. Our aim at New birth is to provide a homely, friendly and happy environment one in which the children can learn and develop as well as enjoying the nursery, and to provide a safe, secure and stimulating environment that meets all Government requirements and legislation.
WALTHAM FOREST COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Emily Laurenza 01277725974 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.