Nursery Assistant Apprentice TAMBA DAY NURSERY LTD.
Tamba Day Nursery are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and motivated individual to join their team of professionals, providing a high standard of childcare for children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2022
07 May 2020
Level 3 (A level)
Roles & Responsibilities
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards.
- Working as part of a team
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- Working with the nursery nurses on planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Positive management of children's behavior
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of meal times, and where appropriate, preparation of babies’ bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Contribute to planning observations and activities
- To use own initiative and work as part of a team
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
Requirements and prospects
Good communication skills.
- Team work
GCSEs at 4/C in maths and English Language or above preferable (or equivalent).
Further Training and potential full-time employment.
Things to consider
- Childcare is a very demanding industry with long hours and early starts
- It requires you to be active for the majority of the day
- It is also a very rewarding job as you will have an invaluable impact of the development of the children
- Please be aware that the start date is subject to change due to the current pandemic
Please contact Care First Training for more information or assistance.
Once you have progressed your application with us we will notify you of any updates from the employer with potential changes.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Our sessions start from 7.30am till 6.30pm for a full day and for our half day sessions 7.30am – 12.30 pm for morning sessions or 1.30 pm – 6.30pm for our afternoon sessions.
The government provides 15 hours funding for children aged between 3 and 4 years. Some two year old child may be entitled to funding too.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Sam Keeble 01277725972 email@example.com
- Level 3 - Early Years Educator standard
- Functional Skills if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.