Nursery Assistant Apprentice BRIDGE LANE NURSERY LIMITED
The apprentice's duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the nursery's equal opportunities policy. For the right person, there is the opportunity to secure full-time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2022
16 Apr 2020
Level 3 (A level)
To support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care.
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures of Childcare Providers and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards
- Working as part of a team
- To have sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and to work within this framework
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children with regard to their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- The planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
- Offering all children equal opportunities with regard to their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Keeping development records and observations
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of mealtimes, and where appropriate, preparation of babies’ bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
- Practical understanding of safeguarding duties, role of safeguarding officer and current safeguarding legislations
Requirements and prospects
- Time management skills to attend Apprenticeship Appointments and comple assignments on time
- To attend team meetings and imputing ideas
- Great communication skills
- To be aware of the nurseries confidentiality policy
- To be able to assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- Able to, under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- A*-C/9-4 GCSEs, or equivalents, in maths and English
- Possible permanent position
Things to consider
- Busy all day
About the employer
Bridge Lane Nursery is an OFSTED registered nursery with 66 places for children from 3 months to 5 years old.
The Nursery is ideal for working parents, opening from 7am–6.30pm for fifty-one weeks of the year. We offer full time day care.
We have fun whilst learning in a safe and stimulating environment to ensure that the progression into primary school is accomplished happily and with confidence.
These are the main schools our children go to: Newton Preparatory school, Thomas’s, Hill House, Christ Church, Belleville, Honeywell, Shaftsbury Park, Parkgate House, and WIX Primary School.
Any queries that you may have, regarding up to date government legislation and childcare guidelines are available on request.
If you would like to book viewing to see our nursery, viewing times are between 10 and 11am, Monday to Friday. We look forward to seeing you.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Emily Laurenza 01277725974 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have:
- Taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Achieved a level 3 Early Years Educator (EYE) qualification
- Achieved a level 3 award in paediatric first aid (RQF) or emergency paediatric first aid (RQF)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.