Apprentice Hairdresser Stylz
An amazing opportunity to get your foot in the door of the hairdressing industry by developing your skills first hand in the salon and in the Training School.
Closing date: 28 May 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
27 Jun 2022
17 Mar 2020
Stylz are looking for someone who has a desire to succeed in the hairdressing industry. You will be working in a modern, stylish and fast paced salon. The successful candidate will be working as a salon apprentice.
The duties and responsibilities involved in this role include:
- Meeting and greeting clients in a friendly and helpful manner
- Assisting qualified hairdressers with providing treatments, blow-drying, colouring etc
- After relevant training, cutting and styling will be involved in this role, this will become more complex as your skills develop
- Working on the reception desk and booking client appointments
- Keeping the salon clean and tidy
- Offering clients refreshments
Requirements and prospects
- A desire to develop your skills and success in the industry
- Good customer service and communication skills
- You must be driven and have an enthusiastic approach to your work
- You must be able to follow instructions
- You must be organised and have good attention to detail
- A helpful and friendly approach is essential
- Good timekeeping to meet client demand
- Good hand/eye co-ordination is vital for this role
- A professional appearance is essential
- Able to work as part of a team and adapt to client’s personalities
Level 2 Hairdressing Professional or Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing.
- This is a perfect opportunity to get into hairdressing, earning salaries, when qualified, on average of £25,000+ a year
- Potential of securing a permanent job within the same company on completion of your qualification
- Opportunities to become your own boss, working mobile, working abroad, working on model runways and cruise ships. The opportunities are endless
- Progression to a Level 2 Barbering Standard
- Progression on to a Teaching Qualification
Things to consider
- This role will involve working with chemicals, heated equipment and sharp scissors - We will train you to work safely and practically within your salon and the training school
- If you are short-listed for this role, you will have to attend an interview with the training school before we send you out to the advertised salon for an interview, but don’t worry if that salon is not for you as we will help you to get more interviews over time!
- You are required to provide your own kit/equipment, Michael John will offer you a discounted kit complete with everything you will need to start your career, whether this is barbering or hairdressing
- This role may include weekend work, depending on your salon and maybe one late night
About the employer
Stylz are looking for someone to work in a modern, stylish and fast paced salon, the successful candidate will be working as a Salon Assistant
Michael John Training Manchester
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Michaeljohn
Amber Thorpe 0161 819 2552 email@example.com
The successful applicant will secure a place at Michael John Training School, where they will complete their NVQ Level 3 Hairdressing qualification alongside Level 2 qualifications in Functional Skills in English and Maths.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.