Apprentice Nursery Assistant Leapfrog Nursery School
Leapfrog Nursery School are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and motivated individual to join their team of professionals, providing a high standard of childcare for children between the ages of 6 months - 5 years.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
07 Dec 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- To work towards a knowledge and understanding of the Foundation stage curriculum and its implementation in a nursery environment.
- To work under the direction and supervision of the Nursery Managers and senior practitioners.
- To maintain at all times the high professional standards of the nursery.
- To attend curriculum planning meetings as directed by the nursery managers.
- To assist in the supervision of activities and create a caring, safe and stimulating environment for all the children.
- To make written observations of children when directed by staff.
- To use observations to inform staff about children’s progress or record concerns.
- To provide information about children which may be relevant in parent meetings.
- To assist staff in attending to the children’s personal needs and provide good role models for the toileting process, hand washing etc.(Trainees will only be permitted to attend to children’s personal needs after sufficient training and the Nursery Manager(s) feel they are competent to do so).
- To promote the philosophies of the nursery, particularly with regard to children with additional needs.
- To immediately report any accidents or incidents that may occur during nursery hours to the Nursery Managers or senior staff.
- To attend and participate in staff training, parent meetings and promotional events.
- To be welcoming and pleasant to all children and their parents on arrival to and departure from the nursery.
- To be helpful and supportive to other professionals and visitors to the nursery.
- To set up the nursery in the morning and clear up at the end of the session, ensuring that all parts of the nursery, kitchen and reception areas are left safe, clean and tidy.
- To be available as requested by the Nursery Managers for out of hours work during the holidays for clearing out cupboards, cleaning toys and planning.
- To maintain the condition and appropriate storage of the toys and equipment and advise the managers regarding any breakages or shortfall in equipment.
- To maintain confidentiality at all times.
- To attend supervision sessions with the appointed mentor/coordinator.
Requirements and prospects
- Team work.
- Good communication skills.
- C in Maths and English Language GCSEs are a industry requirement (or equivalent).
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2/3 Childcare.
- Functional Skills Maths, English and ICT if required.
Children and Young People's Workforce
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Johan 01277725972 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 05 Nov 2017