Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Dee's Day Nursery (Wimbledon) Limited
To work as part of that team and contribute positively of the staff team. To provide a role model of good practice to other members of staff.
Closing date: 11 Sep 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
02 Mar 2020
Level 3 (A level)
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children place in the setting
- To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn
- To build and maintain strong partnership working with parents to enable children’s needs to be met
- To implement and promote all Policies and Procedures and the Staff Rules
- To have an understanding of children’s development, their needs and the provision of positive play
- To demonstrate a genuine care for children
- To care for and supervise the group of children assigned to them
- To ensure their safety at all times
- To take an interest in the children and their families, to treat them as individuals and with respect at all times
- To create an interesting and stimulating environment for the child to develop all their skills
- To ensure positive management of children’s behaviour
- To carry out house-keeping duties as appropriate
- To ensure the ethos, implementation and legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To ensure an adherence to the health and safety policy relating to the provision of play
- To support senior members of staff to ensure appropriate Child Protection procedures are put into place
- To be flexible and adaptable, to assist in all areas of nursery work and to provide support for other members of staff
- To assist in the keeping of development records and observation, and accident, incident and risk assessment records as appropriate
- To be able to think and act quickly in a stressful or emergency situation, and to be aware of the correct procedures
- To attend staff meetings and training courses as directed by course tutors in order to complete the Apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- Attend Apprenticeship Appointments and completing assignments on time
- To attend team meetings and imputing ideas
- Under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
- To provide adult interaction with children in the nursery
- To be aware of the nurseries confidentiality policy
- 9-4/A-C GCSEs or equivalent maths and English ideally
- Possible permanent position.
About the employer
Dee’s Day Nursery is located at the heart of the city at a prime location, within 400m of Wimbledon railway station, in London and operates from two lower floors of a large house.
It is registered on the Early Years Register (UK) and the Childcare Register. The nursery provides 40 full day care places for children aged three months to five years of age.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Sam Keeble 01277725972 email@example.com
- Childcare level 3 Early Years Educator
- Maths and English Functional skills if required
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.