Apprentice Greenkeeper West Surrey Golf Club Co Ltd
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic greenkeeper to start on an apprenticeship scheme. The successful applicant will be given full training and at the end of the contract will be classed as a qualified greenkeeper.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
06 Dec 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
You will be working within a team initially working on basic greenkeeping duties and then being introduced to all golf course equipment and machinery.
By working within a small team over time you will gain experience and be involved in all areas of golf course maintenance and management.
You will work with and be trained by successful green keepers with many years of experience in varied roles within green keeping.
You job role will include:
- Monitor and Maintain health, safety and security in the workplace
- Maintain good standards of health and safety for self and others
- Switching and brushing
- Mowing banks
- Mowing rough
- Mowing semi rough
- Mowing surrounds and approaches
- Mowing tees Mowing greens
- Mowing fairways
- Verticutting turf
- Driving a tractor with implements
- Undertaking routine machine maintenance
- Preparing machinery for use
- Preparing machinery for storage
- Preparing ground to establish plants on the golf course and more
Requirements and prospects
- Communication skills
- Able to work in a team and to use own initiative
- Able to carry out instruction and follow Health and Safety regulations required for using machinery
- Someone with a positive mental attitude who is comfortable working in a team
- Someone who wants to learn
- Attention to detail
Everyday Maths and English. Opportunity to take Functional Skills in Maths and English at level 2 if equivalent GCSE grade has not been previously achieved.
Things to consider
About the employer
Set within enviably tranquil Surrey Hills countryside, the 6482 yard Par 71 course designed by Herbert Fowler in 1910 is ranked as one of Golf Monthly's Top 100 courses in England.
Training will be on the job and one-day-a-week college day release at Berkshire College of Agriculture.
- Level 2 Apprenticeship in Horticulture
- Level 2 Technical Certificate
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and English (if required)
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
BERKSHIRE COLLEGE OF AGRICULTURE, THE (BCA)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Berkshire College of Agriculture
Sophie Robinson 01628 827438 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017