Apprentice Childcare Practitioner Little Wellies Day Nursery
Contribute to a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children. Develop and maintain good relationships and professional communication with parents/carers. Work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment for the children. Promote the high profile and reputation of the business at all times.
Closing date: 09 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Nov 2021
20 Feb 2020
Level 3 (A level)
Duties and Responsibilities
- Contribute to a programme of activities that meet the individual needs and interests of the children in your care in conjunction with other team members
- Under supervision, keep records of children’s development and learning journeys
- Engage in good team working
- Liaise professionally with and support parents and other family members
- Attend out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, parents' evenings, fundraising events etc.
- Be flexible within working practices of the nursery and be prepared to help where needed
- Carry out personal care and hygiene routine of babies and children including the changing of nappies and toileting
- Undertake domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleaning and tidying of nursery equipment and facilities
The successful candidate will be working with children aged from three months to 4 years. The Childcare Apprentice will undertake a broad and varied range of activities; some routine and others demanding some level of independence or responsibility. Working under supervision, they are likely to deal with various duties within the childcare setting which briefly include:
- Setting up and carrying out planned activities
- Helping children at mealtimes
- Personal care routines
- Assessing the health and safety of the setting for the children
- General cleaning/tidying
- Working closely with other staff
Requirements and prospects
- Good language and conversational skills
- Basic computer knowledge
- Organised and prompt
- Excellent personal presentation and hygiene
- GCSE in English and maths at grade C/4 or above, alternatively Functional Skills at Level 1 as a minimum
The candidate will be supported to achieve the full Level 3 qualification and become a Key Person responsible for a group of children if applicable.
Once the successful candidate has completed their childcare qualifications, there will be the opportunity for internal progression within the nursery.
About the employer
Little Wellies Nursery at Wrose is passionate about providing quality Early Years Education and the highest standards in care and safety.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Childcare Apprentice who loves children and wishes to develop a career in early years’ childcare and is committed to working with a great team of staff at our
Little Wellies Day Nursery
AIRE VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aire Vocational Training Ltd
Lynne Green firstname.lastname@example.org
- NCFE CACHE Level 3 Diploma for the Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator)
- Functional Skills if required
- Paediatric First Aid
- Preparation for End point Assessment
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.