Apprentice Nursery Assistant The Sunflowers
The successful individual will assist the nursery staff in the effective day-to-day running of the Nursery ensuring that high standards of care and education are maintained.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
05 Dec 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The successful individual will be required to work as part of the nursery team to provide high quality care and education for the children.
Some of the daily duties include:
- Overseeing activities which cover all areas of children’s development.
- Supervising and playing with the children.
- Ensuring good hygiene and cleanliness is maintained at all times.
- Building effective relationships with children, parents and staff members.
- Ensuring each child's individual needs are met.
- Following the nursery policies, procedures and routines to ensure the wellbeing and safeguarding of all children.
Requirements and prospects
- We are looking for an enthusiastic individual who has the ability to work well in a team but who is also able to use their own initiative.
- The successful person will need to be confident individual with a caring manner.
- You will need to be a hard working individual who has a proactive approach to their work.
- You must be a good communicator, reliable, and committed.
No formal qualifications are required, however a good standard of Maths and English are desirable.
About the employer
The Childcare Company provides online training in childcare, playwork, supporting teaching and learning, and business administration.
Our online teaching and learning platform, the Laser, provides all your learning materials and e-portfolio and also acts as a communication system between you and your assessor. The Laser is user-friendly, easy to navigate and has won awards for its innovation. It means learners no longer need to take time out to go to college but can get an even better learning experience by combining the best of online learning with workplace experience.
The Laser provides learning resources in the forms of filmed tutorials, PowerPoint presentations, multimedia challenges, activities, good practice example videos, and reading.
You will be assigned to an assessor for the duration of your course. Your assessor will guide you, set your work, mark all your work and help you with anything you need.
As part of your training you will cover Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR), Technical Certificate, and Functional Skills in Maths, English, and ICT. You will complete either a Level 2 or Level 3 qualification in Children and Young People's Workforce.
Children and Young People's Workforce
THE CHILD CARE COMPANY (OLD WINDSOR) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The Childcare Company
Sarah A Harden 01753 313460 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017