Nursery Assistant Apprentice Thames Tiddlers
To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social, and intellectual care for children placed in the Nursery. To give support to other personnel within the Nursery. To implement the daily routine in the base room.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
25 Oct 2017
02 Dec 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Operate a programme of activities suitable to the age range of children in your area in conjunction with other staff.
- To keep a proper record of achievement file on your key children.
- Work with parents of special needs children to give full integration in the Nursery.
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- Liaise with and support parents and other family members.
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fayre, Christmas party, etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of nursery. Be prepared to help where needed, including to undertake certain domestic jobs within the Nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment etc.
- Work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the philosophy behind the project is fulfilled.
- Recording accidents in the accident book. Ensure the manager has initialled the report before the parent receives it.
- Look upon the nursery as a “whole” where can your help be most utilised, be constantly aware of the needs of children.
- Ensure child is collected by someone known to nursery.
- To respect the confidentiality of information received.
- To develop your role within the team especially with regard as a key worker.
- Specific Child Care Tasks:
- The preparation and completion of activities to suit the child’s stage of development
- To ensure that mealtimes are a time of pleasant social sharing.
- Washing and changing children as required.
- Providing comfort and warmth to a poorly child.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development.
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to upheld it’s standards at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Aware of your surroundings
- Ability to multitask
- Hard working
GCSE (or equivalent) English and Maths grade C or above.
About the employer
- Level 3 NVQ in Children and Young People's Workforce
- Level 3 Technical Certificate
- Level 2 Functional Skills
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
Children and Young People's Workforce
Training Associates (Surrey)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Associates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017