Creative Online Designer and Marketing Apprenticeship Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
Rare opportunity to bring your unique creative enthusiasm to a flagship global website, aiming to develop presentational novelty and maximise its visual impact, making online science research an exciting place to be.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
04 Sep 2017
09 Dec 2016
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
The Sanger Institute are looking for an enthusiastic, vibrant, creative person to join their growing team and help bridge a gap between marketing and IT.
The role will include the following (that will be learned over the course) but not limited to:
- Design and creation of existing website
- Use of Java and other languages
- Updating website interface
- Research and development
- Creating graphics
- Present findings
Requirements and prospects
- Great personal creativity, an enthusiasm for colour, style and graphics in online presentations
- Basic understanding of web hosting technologies
- Graphic design skills
- Good written and communication skills and an enthusiasm to use them to promote our website
- Good interpersonal skills, to emphasise to your team why your designs are best
- Self-motivated and able to come up with novel ideas without instructions
- Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above, including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents)
Things to consider
About the employer
Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute
- Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship, you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Cambridge, for up to 8 weeks, on a block release basis for structured training.
- The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your employer.
- You will work towards a Level 3 Trailblazer – Infrastructure Technician.
The qualifications consist of:
- Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills English and Maths (if applicable)
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Networking and Architecture Principles (Knowledge Module 1)
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Mobile and Operating Systems (Knowledge Module 2)
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Cloud Services (Knowledge Module 3)
- MTA in Software Development Fundamentals or HTML5 App Development Fundamentals (Knowledge Module 4)
- BCS Foundation Certificate in Business Processes (Knowledge Module 5)
We provide a wide choice of training opportunities on site for all employees ranging from Excel workshops to Strategic Thinking, with training focusing on developing IT, Personal Effectiveness and Management skills. We also provide Health and Safety training to adhere to compliance.
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017