Childcare Apprenticeship - NVQ Level 2 Small Talk Nurseries Limited
Small Talk Nurseries work together with the parents or guardians of the children to provide the activities and attention that they need to develop to their best potential. The nursery atmosphere is loving, friendly and happy.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 36.00
Possible start date
12 Oct 2021
27 Jan 2020
The main responsibilities of this job role will include:
- Supporting the development of the childcare provision
- Providing an excellent range of activities that ensures that the child learns whilst having fun
- Assisting the facility in meeting OFSTED requirements
- Being a team player
- Providing challenging and stimulating activities for all children appropriately
- Undertaking First Aid training as required
- Undertaking training as appropriate to meet any changes in standards or appropriate legal requirements as required
- Ensuring that all Health and Hygiene requirements are adhered to at all times
- Responsibility for equal opportunity in delivery, access and attitude in aspects of service delivery and management
- Working with teams across the Centre
- Supporting children’s learning and development, including supporting planning and observations
- Preparing and maintaining the environment and resources for the children
- Preparation of food for breakfast, snack and afternoon tea
- Supporting children’s self-help needs
- Being creative and enthusiastic
- Following safeguarding rules
- Working within confidentiality guidelines
Requirements and prospects
- Strong inter-personal and communication skills
- Creative, imaginative and willing to get stuck in
- Patience and a caring nature
Applicants should have a desire to develop and enhance their childcare skills whilst working in a supportive nursery setting. This role is ideal for anybody who has a genuine passion for working with children and that is keen to learn and progress in their own professional development. The successful applicant will be a positive role model and enthusiastic individual.
Successful applicants will:
- Have grade C/4 or above in English and maths GCSE (or equivalent), or Functional Skills Level 2
- Be able to attend our training Academy in Birmingham for your 24 classroom-based days
During the Intermediate Apprenticeship in childcare you will have access to excellent training and development opportunities within the role, with the potential to progress on the Advanced Diploma, Level 3 Apprenticeship Early Years Educator.
Things to consider
You will need to attend our Training Academy in Birmingham City Centre for 24 days out of your whole apprenticeship, for your classroom-based learning and will be working within the nursery for the rest of the time with the support of your dedicated childcare assessor.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Small Talk Nurseries Ltd is a privately owned Ofsted registered day nursery committed to provide the highest quality day care and early year’s education for babies from 6 weeks to children aged 5 years. As well as having an after school club for children aged up to and including 8 years.
Small Talk Nurseries offer high quality childcare provision benefiting both children and the parents. We provide the environment and the adult workers to offer your child with as many opportunities as possible to enable him or her to develop. Every child is welcome and special at Small Talk Nurseries, no matter what their health, gender, culture or circumstances and we will work together with the parents or guardians of the child to provide the activities and attention that he or she needs to develop to their best potential. The nursery atmosphere is loving, friendly and happy. Children at the nursery learn through practical means such as play and action as well as being around workers who are polite, considerate and respectful to other workers and children.
Small Talk Nurseries has been established since June 2010 and has achieved excellence in trading standards. We have developed great relations with the children that attend the setting and their parents and guardians. We have also made great links with the nearby schools and promote integration/transfer with these schools. We are a member of the National Day Nurseries Association (NDNA) who promotes quality in early years. We have implemented robust systems to ensure the health and safety of every child is paramount.
Small Talk Nurseries Limited
LEAPING MAN LEARNING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SWIFTACI
Carly Bullock 0121 594 0459 email@example.com
Level 2 NVQ - Your apprenticeship will last for 12 months (depending on the provision in which you are employed). You will be supported by an assessor throughout your apprenticeship. As you progress through your apprenticeship your duties and responsibilities will alter as you develop the skills for a successful career in childcare.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.