Level 2 Childcare Apprentice Super Stars Nursery Limited
An opportunity is available with a nursery in Bolton. This is an excellent opportunity for a candidate who is keen to develop a career in a nursery setting.
Closing date: 30 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
04 Nov 2021
13 Jan 2020
- To assist the nursery team in providing a friendly, caring and relaxing environment in order to encourage and develop children in our care
- To ensure that all daily routines are adhered to
- To plan, organise and carry out planned activities with the children once trained
- To settle in new children and provide ongoing support, under a key person system
- To assist in maintaining a safe, clean and tidy play room
- To participate in team meetings
- Ensure that you have read and understand all policies and procedures that have been set by the Nursery and implement them
- To respect confidentiality within the setting
- To communicate with Parents/carers in a calm, friendly and efficient manner
- To take reasonable care of yourself and others and to comply with the nursery’s health and safety policy
- To carry out any other duties as required by your team leader, deputy manager or manager
Requirements and prospects
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to prioritise tasks
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good problem-solving skills
- A warm, caring and patient nature
- Good communication skills
- The ability to work with young children and their families in a sensitive and positive way
- A sense of responsibility
- Creative ideas for activities
- A keen candidate who can use their initiative, is hard working and wants a career working with children
- A warm, caring and patient nature, good communication skills, the ability to work with young children and their families in a sensitive and positive way, a sense of responsibility, creative ideas for activities
- An interest in child development and the ability to work in a team with a willingness to develop your skills
- Minimum of GCSE Grades A*-E in maths and English (equivalent Functional Skills Level 1 or higher)
Progression available for the right candidate.
Things to consider
If your application is successful you will be expected to attend a 1-1 appointment with Salford City College Apprentice Team on Media City or another centre in the Salford area. This is a pre-screen session and you will be asked to provide copies of your GCSE / Functional Skills certificates. If you do not have these then you may be asked to complete an assessment in these subjects.
About the employer
We provide first class Childcare for children from 3 months to five years old. Our dedicated and enthusiastic team together with a carefully planned curriculum, encourages all children to develop to their full potential. We follow a child centred approach which ensures that each child is respected as an individual to develop their confidence.
The children are well motivated by an extremely enthusiastic staff team who are skilled at promoting children’s development and desire to learn through the use of a variety of teaching strategies.
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Sarah Allen 0161 6315555 email@example.com
- Children and Young People's Workforce - Intermediate Apprenticeship (Level 2 Certificate)
- Functional Skills maths (if GCSE or equivalent A-C (9-4) is not already achieved)
- Functional Skills English (if GCSE or equivalent A-C (9-4) is not already achieved)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.