Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Tiddley Tots Nursery Ltd
Tiddley Tots Nursery are looking for an enthusiastic, caring and motivated individual to join their team of professionals, providing a high standard of childcare for children between the ages of 6 months to 5 years.
Closing date: 11 Sep 2022
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
11 Dec 2019
Level 3 (A level)
Duties will involve:
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for children in the setting
- To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, develop and learn
- To build and maintain a strong partnership, working with parents to enable children’s needs are met
- To implement and promote all policies and procedures and the staff rules
- To have an understanding of children’s development, their needs and the provision of positive play
- To demonstrate a genuine care for children
- To care for and supervise the group of children assigned to them
- To ensure their safety at all times
- To take an interest in the children and their families, to treat them as individuals and with respect at all times
- To create an interesting and stimulating environment for the child to develop all their skills
- To ensure positive management of children’s behaviour
- To carry out house-keeping duties as appropriate
- To ensure the ethos, implementation and legal requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage
- To ensure an adherence to the health and safety policy relating to the provision of play
- To support senior members of staff to ensure appropriate child protection procedures are put into place
- To be flexible and adaptable, to assist in all areas of nursery work and to provide support for other members of staff
- To assist in the keeping of development records and observation and accident, incident and risk assessment records as appropriate
- To be able to think and act quickly in a stressful or emergency situation and to be aware of the correct procedures
- To attend staff meetings and training courses as directed by course tutors in order to complete the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
- To work as part of the team and contribute positively to the staff team. To provide a role model of good practice to other members of staff
- To go about your duties with a positive and enthusiastic attitude – to be organised, efficient, confident, hardworking and conscientious
- To promote at all times good relations between staff members, parents and children, and at all time promote the good name and ethos
- To cover any other staff responsibilities as appropriate, at the request of the Manager, particularly taking into account that unforeseen situations can occur when looking after children and that the child’s care and welfare is paramount at all times
- GCSEs C/4 (or equivalent) in maths and English
Further training and potential full-time employment.
Things to consider
Childcare is a very demanding industry, with long hours and early starts. It requires you to be active for the majority of the day. It is also a very rewarding job, as you will have an invaluable impact on the development of the children.
About the employer
Tiddley Tots nursery was set up in 2011 by two sisters.
We are from a very close family background and take the same approach to running all our nurseries.
We have experience in childcare as well as being parents. We decided to build the kind of nursery we would like our children to attend – a home from home. Our three children attended the nursery and provided us with the best quality assurance available.
We aim to treat all the children who attend the nursery as if they were our own, that is one way we know we are doing it right. Our fundamental aim is to provide a setting filled with happy children, healthy children. A place where children can learn and have fun.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Sam Keeble 01277725972 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Level 3 Childcare
- Functional Skills maths and English
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.