Nursery Assistant Apprentice Holland Park Day Nursery
To support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care.
Closing date: 11 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
12 Oct 2021
06 Dec 2019
Level 3 (A level)
- Contribute to good standards of hygiene and cleanliness in Nursery
- To undertake such other duties and responsibilities of an equivalent nature, as may be determined by the trainee's supervisor from time to time
- The trainee's duties must at all times be carried out in compliance with the nursery's Equal Opportunities policy
- To respect the confidentiality of information received
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children from differing cultures and religious backgrounds, and stages of development
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times
- To be aware of all emergency and fire evacuation procedures
- To understand that as part of training you will be required to move to other parts of the nursery
- To be flexible in hours and duties in order to meet the needs and requirements of the nursery
- Attend College and completing assignments on time
- To attend team meetings and imputing ideas
- Under supervision, provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
- To assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Good IT Skills
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
GCSE C or above in maths and English preferable (or equivalent)
Further Training, possible progression within the company, potential full time employment and wage increase based on performance.
Things to consider
From April 1st 2019 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is:
About the employer
Holland Park Pre-Prep School and Day Nursery (HPPS) was founded in 1990 by Kitty Mason. As a new mother, Kitty was ambitious for her child to experience the best nursery care available. From the outset, her ambition was to provide individual, high quality childcare, as well as a well-rounded education for her sons Peter and Anthony, and her niece and nephew soon followed. The family run business contributes to the ethos of HPPS as a family and community, and also ensures continuous quality control! We still follow the path of individual, high quality childcare and a well-rounded education today, and family members still send their children to receive this exceptional education: now, 28 years after the nursery’s foundation, Kitty’s grandson is following in his father’s footsteps. Children are well prepared for their future schools and leave HPPS for the best independent Prep and Primary schools in the area. We welcome ex-pupils back for work experience every year and celebrate the great start in life they received when they came through our doors.
Our school mission is to develop independent, confident and contented children.
We believe that the early years are the most important times in a child’s development. It is therefore our duty as a school to make sure that our children develop in a happy environment with the correct resources and teaching methods to make them confident and independent learners.
We believe that parental involvement is vital to this process, as well as employing the correct staff to nurture, respect and provide a safe and challenging environment in which the children are able to reach their goals.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Kelis Towe 01277725774 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Childcare Level 3
- Functional Skills Level 1/2 in English, maths (if required)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.