Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Choice Care
Working as part of a team providing high quality and compassionate care to individuals. Monitoring an individual’s conditions and reporting back to Choice Care - completing all documentation required.
Closing date: 08 Mar 2022
£138.60 to £267.30
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Mar 2022
29 Nov 2019
Level 2 (GCSE)
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Eating and drinking, washing and dressing and help residents go to the toilet
- Prepare individuals for healthcare activities carried out by other members of the healthcare team
- Carry out nonclinical duties, keeping records, making beds, tidying up your work area, returning all cleaning equipment after each clinical activity
- Address straight forward problems in your day to day work, reporting concerns and changes to the appropriate person in a timely manner
- You will report to a registered healthcare practitioner
- Communicate effectively with individuals and their families, carers and healthcare practitioners using a range of techniques, keeping information confidential
- Handle information (record, report and store information) related to individuals in line with local and national policies
Requirements and prospects
- Treat people with dignity, respecting individuals’ diversity, beliefs, culture, values, needs, privacy and preferences, show respect and empathy for those you work with.
- Have the courage to challenge areas of concern and work to best practice
- Adaptable and reliable, consistent and show discretion, resilience and self-awareness
- Communicate and understand both residents and work colleagues and families and not disclosing any individual’s information in connection to confidentiality
- Promote physical health and wellbeing of individuals
- Support individuals with activities of daily living
- Recognise deteriorations in health, long term conditions, physiological measurements, skin integrity and report appropriately
- Be aware of Dementia, cognitive issues and mental health
- Happy and fun
- Compassionate and able to show empathy where needed
- Take appropriate action in response to incidents or emergencies following guidelines
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-4 (or equivalent) in maths and English would be of benefit, but not essential.
Progression onto full-time job role and continue with training onto your Level 3 apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Working weekends
- Working Christmas periods
- Working evening shifts where applicable
- Flexible working hours are provided to try to suit individuals as well as care workers
- Full driving licence would be beneficial
About the employer
Often, many people don't need complex support but rather just help with getting up and ready for the day. We successfully help them do this. At the other end of the spectrum, some people have a range of health-related matters which have an adverse effect on a person’s capability to manage themselves day-to-day, so may need more complex and coordinated home care assistance. Our focus is on meeting the needs of the person themselves and their families
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Dawn Hodge Associates Ltd
Jules Westbrook firstname.lastname@example.org
DH Associates are the training provider who will deliver your Level 2 Adult Care Worker apprenticeship standard to you within the organisation, which means work-based learning. The qualification is over 12-18 months and you will be assigned a trainer who will also complete your Level 2 functional skills in English and maths.
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.