Apprentice Care Assistant Lady of the Vale Nursing Home
This is a great opportunity for a passionate and ambitious candidate to commence their Health & Social Care career within Lady of The Vale Nursing Home!
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 33.00
Possible start date
30 Oct 2017
30 Nov 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
To work as a member of a team, under the direction of the Registered Nurse (R.N) and Lead Carer. Being responsible for carrying out the duties assigned to ensure the highest possible care for the resident.
Main Areas of Responsibility:
1. Care of the Resident.
- Introducing new residents to the home and other residents.
- Helping residents with their activities of daily living i.e. toileting, washing, dressing, hair care, nail care, oral hygiene etc
- Assisting residents as necessary to get to and from bed, helping with mobility and maintaining their comfort.
- Assisting with physio and occupational therapies/hobbies.
- Escorting residents on visits i.e. to hospital, dentist etc
- Answering the door and telephone as and when requested and giving the appropriate message promptly.
- Serving meals, assisting residents and clearing away afterwards. Helping residents who are unable to feed themselves.
- Helping to make drinks and snacks – washing dishes as necessary.
- Carry out regular checks on residents throughout the shift – taking into account the residents’ needs and privacy.
- Adhere to all health and safety rules and encourage others to do so.
- To promote the ethos of the home and Congregation.
2. Assisting and Working with Registered Nurses and Lead Carers.
- Assist with the making of beds and tidying rooms.
- Record charts as deemed necessary i.e. input & output charts, pressure relief charts etc
- Assist with admissions and discharges of residents.
- Ensure all personal information concerning residents, staff and the operation of the home is kept confidential.
- To try to resolve any concerns/complaints from residents/families and report to your Lead Carer.
3. General Care
- Tidying wardrobes, cupboards and drawers in the residents’ rooms.
- Arrange flowers and dispose of dead flowers.
- Clean bath after use by resident.
- Handling clean and soiled linen correctly – checking clean linen supplies.
- Keeping residents personal linen clean and tidy and in a state of repair i.e. sewing on buttons and tending to small repairs.
- Assist with laundry duties as needed- especially when laundry staff are not on duty, (this may include helping with the ironing of clothes).
- Ensure that equipment used by residents is cleaned and disinfected, as necessary. All members of staff must clean up spillages as they occur.
- Assist with general cleaning and tidying duties.
- Adhere to the homes policies i.e. health and safety, infection control, discipline etc
- Ensure that all personal information concerning residents and staff is kept confidential.
- Display courtesy and sensitivity to residents and their relatives at all times.
- Report all accidents and incidents to the Registered Nurse.
- Report any complaints / obvious change in residents’ condition to the Registered Nurse.
- Ensure that professional advice is adhered to in the carrying out of all duties.
- Undertake any other duties assigned by the person in charge.
- Report on and off duty to the Registered Nurse.
- Ensure a high standard of personal hygiene and neatness in uniform adhering to the uniform policy at all times.
- Co-operate with off duty and leave arrangements to ensure adequate staff coverage.
- To attend appropriate training as and when necessary.
This job description is intended to reflect a broad outline of responsibilities for the post. It is not a definitive list of tasks. The post holder will be expected to contribute to the development of services within the home and undertake such duties that ensure the needs of residents, other staff and the organisation are met.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication
- Good team worker
- Able to use initiative
GCSE Grades A*-D or equivalent are essential for this role.
Things to consider
About the employer
You will work towards your Level 2 Diploma in Health & Social Care. Functional Skills Maths and English will be included if required. All training will be delivered in the workplace.
Health and Social Care
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Jon Hobson 0161 631 5555 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 23 Oct 2017