Apprenticeship in Childcare Woodley Gardens Day Nursery FORBURY GARDENS DAY NURSERY LTD
You will work five days a week at your nursery setting as a nursery assistant, gaining your practical experience. This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play. You will then attend college once every other week.
Closing date: 31 Jan 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Feb 2022
14 Nov 2019
You will work five days a week at your nursery setting as a nursery assistant, gaining your practical experience. This will involve a range of activities from arts and crafts to singing and outdoor play. You will then attend college once every other week to gain your apprenticeship qualification.
- Maintain accurate and effective children’s records
- Respond appropriately to issues requiring confidentiality
- Support, promote and implement policies relating to diversity and equality
- Work well as part of a team
- Work with the team to ensure the smooth running of the nursery day
- Work in partnership with parents
- Attend parent events and meetings as required
Requirements and prospects
- Previous experience in childcare is not a necessity but can help
- A genuine interest in wanting to care for children is essential
- Learners must be caring, professional and able to work well as a team.
- Good time keeping, patience and enthusiasm are all positive qualities for nursery assistants.
- Reliable, punctual and trustworthy
- Enjoys being creative
- Patience and the ability to remain calm at all times
- An understanding of and respect for the diversity of families
- Appropriate level of maturity and personal confidence
- A willingness to reflect on their own practice
- The candidate can demonstrate an awareness of confidentiality requirements and basic understanding of child safeguarding.
- No qualifications are required for this apprenticeship
- Functional skills are covered as part of the apprenticeship
Learners can use this qualification to go into various care roles. You can progress onto the advanced apprenticeship and work your way up in the nursery going into team leading and management roles. You could also use your experience to go into teaching, nursing, midwifery, play work and social work. There are many directions you can go with your apprenticeship should you wish.
Things to consider
Childcare is not about playing with babies all day. There will be a variety of activities to plan and deliver each day. You may have key children that you look after and will have to communicate with staff, children, managers and parents at the nursery. There will be a lot of cleaning to do and you may have to work long hours, although this will vary with each employer. It is hard work but it is very rewarding.
About the employer
Woodley Gardens Day Nursery is part of a small chain of nurseries, The Forbury Group. Forbury Gardens Day Nursery opened in 1991, Berkeley Gardens Day Nursery opened in 2011, and more recently, Newbury Gardens Day Nursery opened. We are privately run nurseries offering high quality professional Childcare for families in Reading and the surrounding areas. We care for children from 3 months to 5 years and we are open from 8am-6pm Monday-Friday. Full time and part time places are available.
CHILTERN TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chiltern Training Ltd
Admissions Team 0118 9566995 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young People's Workforce or Level 3 Diploma in Children and Young People's Workforce depending on previous experience and qualifications.
Intermediate apprentices will attend day release.
Advanced can choose between day release or evening classes.
Apprenticeships are made up of the Certificate or Diploma plus:
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT
- Functional Skills as required
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Paediatric First Aid certificate.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.