Receptionist/Administration Apprentice Score (Europe) Ltd
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious and motivated individual who is aware of the importance of providing excellent customer service and administration support and would like to be part of a hardworking team and successful company.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
31 Aug 2017
28 Nov 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
General administration and reception duties as follows:
- Booking transport/flights and Accommodation etc.
- Booking dates and times for the conference room.
- Corresponding verbally with people internal and external to the organisation in a professional manner
- Recording incoming faxes and sending out faxes.
- Distributing incoming post and stamping all outgoing post.
- Ensure all messages are dealt with efficiently and appropriately making sure a contact telephone number is taken and then passed on to the relevant person(s) in an efficient and timely manner.
- Producing minutes for meetings, after training.
- Ordering our office stationary.
- Monitoring of visitors
- Keeping the photocopier, printer and fax machine supplied with paper.
- Ensure reception and waiting areas are kept neat, tidy and safe.
- Excellent organisational/communication skills
- Scanning documents
- Shredding and laminating
- Using various pieces of office equipment
- Producing reports
- Arranging meetings/appointments
- Producing reports
- Updating records
- Using Microsoft, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Corresponding via email
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives of the company.
Requirements and prospects
- Should be an excellent communicator
- Must be polite, friendly and helpful when speaking to people
- Must have a corporate/smart appearance
- Must speak in a clear and professional manner, face to face and on the telephone
- Must have a professional approach
- Some previous experience on Reception would be desirable
- An IT qualification is desirable but not essential
- They should be a team player, is approachable and willing to develop.
- You must be able to focus on the job in hand and complete it to a high standard.
- Applicants must be bubbly, outgoing, welcoming and friendly.
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to work effectively as both part of a team and as an individual.
- Excellent standard of English and Maths (C’s preferred but may consider individual’s personal skills and qualities.)
- Excellent IT skills. IT qualification is desirable but not essential must have knowledge of Word, Excel and Powerpoint and email.
Things to consider
About the employer
Score (Europe) Ltd
NVQ Diploma in Business Administration – Assessed and delivered in the workplace
The following knowledge is delivered as part of the NVQ – The candidate will understand the following: Organising and administering meetings, manage diary systems, how to use different office equipment, organisation of travel and accommodation, use of mail services in a business, understand customer service in a business, how to prepare different types of business documents, understand data protection, confidentiality, copyright, security, how information is managed in business organisations, laws, health and safety as well as confirming understanding of the company’s policies
FUNCTIONAL SKILLS - Delivered in college
- Maths Level 1 then 2
- English Level 1 then 2
- ICT Level 1
- (Exemptions may apply if GCSE Grade C or equivalent)
- You will be required to attend college one day per week for this training
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017