Apprentice Dental Nurse Bellstone Dental Practice
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Dental Nurse Apprentice. You will be in close contact with patients on a daily basis. Therefore, you must understand the patients' needs and possible anxieties about attending the dentist endeavouring to make their experience as comfortable as possible.
Closing date: 29 Oct 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 38.00
Possible start date
01 Nov 2021
31 Oct 2019
Level 3 (A level)
- Take instruction from the dentist responding efficiently and accurately. They must ensure the dentist's comments regarding the condition of the patient's mouth throughout the check-up are recorded correctly
- The surgery and any relevant materials must be prepared in time taking care to sterilise all instruments and working areas
- Dental instruments must be to hand ready to be passed to the dentist when needed
- Dental nurses may at times be required to assist on the reception desk of the practice where they will need to answer the telephone and welcome patients to the dental practice
- Good communication skills and customer service awareness is needed to maintain a high level of service within the dental practice making the patients feel welcome and comfortable
- Working sometimes under pressure, dental nurses must remain professional and work quickly and efficiently
- Being in close contact with the patients is a daily requirement for a dental nurse, therefore they must understand the patients' needs and possible anxieties about attending the dentist endeavouring to make their experience as comfortable as possible
- Full support will be provided by both the employer and training provider
Requirements and prospects
- Able to work quickly and efficiently whilst maintaining a professional manner at all times
- Able to record information relayed by the Dentist accurately at all times
- Good communication skills
- Prepared to undertake all tasks in the practice such as manning the reception area, booking appointments, cleaning equipment and surgery
- Well presented
- Friendly and pleasant manner
- Able to build relationships with both colleagues and patients
- Calm under pressure
- Able to reassure when dealing with nervous patients
- Able to handle college and practice workload
- Hard working
- Candidates must hold GCSEs grade C/4 or above (or equivalent qualifications) in English and maths
Candidates can continue to study further and enrol on Level 4 programmes such as Radiography or Oral Health Education or work their way into practice management.
Things to consider
Candidates are required to have a hep B injection prior to working and a DBS.
About the employer
Bellstone Dental Practice is a very friendly dental practice who will treat the whole family, in a caring and professional manner. We welcome nervous patients and our dentists will work with you to help maintain a high standard of dental care.
Every patient is unique and we will customise your treatment plan (advising you of all costs and options along the way) to suit your specific needs and requirements. We welcome NHS & private patients.
Bellstone Dental Practice
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Sandwell College
Tre'maine Brown 0121 667 5018 Tremaine.Brown@sandwell.ac.uk
- Level 3 (Advanced) Dental Nurse Apprenticeship Standard
- The qualification focuses on the technical skills and knowledge required to be a professional Dental Nurse - units of study include direct chairside work and support during a range of dental treatments, organisational and legal requirements which underpin high quality dental care, and the role of the dental nurse in meeting patients’ needs
- Successful completion will allow the candidate to register with the General Dental Council
- The Diploma in Dental Nursing Level 3 qualification has been developed for learners who wish to become dental nurses
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.