Early Years Educator Apprentice Level 3 LITTLE SMARTIES NURSERY LTD
The apprentice would be expected to carry out the day to day roles that a nursery practitioner would be asked to do. For example, participating in activities, cleaning, playing, paperwork, etc.
Closing date: 21 Oct 2021
To be agreed upon appointment
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
28 Oct 2021
30 Oct 2019
Level 3 (A level)
Duties to include:
- To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
- To keep records of your key children’s development and learning and to lead discussions with parents in relation to children’s footprints
- Be supportive of colleagues within a team
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
- To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories
- To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary
- To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, etc.
- To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation activities, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- To work alongside the management team and nursery staff to ensure that the setting’s vision is fulfilled
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting
- To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job
- To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside
- To support nursery assistants, students and volunteers
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times
- To undertake and lead on additional responsibilities such as SENCO, training co-ordinator, safeguarding Officer etc.
- To reflect on practice and routines, tailoring them to meet the individual needs of each child throughout the day
- To contribute to weekly planning and the provision of a stimulating range of age-appropriate activities and ensuring your room is well-resourced and creatively set-up
- To lead observations and the assessment of children’s learning and development ensuring records are kept up to date, are of a high standard and are shared effectively – includes One Plans for children with Special Educational Needs.
- To contribute to the effective recording and resolution of any complaints or investigations, ensuring confidentiality at all times
- To be professional and a good role model to the children and other staff members, at all times, ensuring expectations and boundaries are put in place and consistently followed by both staff and children
- To work flexibly as part of the larger team, assisting and supporting colleagues wherever required, in order to ensure the smooth running of the nursery
- To cooperate and work effectively with the management team, taking on additional responsibilities/duties and positively promoting developments in policies and procedures to team members
- Ensure children understand action to be taken in case of fire
- Be responsible for own Health & Safety, as well as that of colleagues, pupils and the public. Employees should co-operate with management, follow established systems of work, use protective equipment where necessary and report defectives and hazards to management
- Carry out cleaning tasks to ensure room (and all areas of the nursery) are clean and suitably ready for the children
- To undertake any other aspects of nursery work according to need
Requirements and prospects
- Empathetic, hardworking, calm, confident
- Musical, creative, passionate, enthusiastic
- A-C 9-4 English and maths or equivalent
- Level 2 childcare
- Potential full time placement
Things to consider
About the employer
We are a small family run nursery who have been established for the last 2 years.
LITTLE SMARTIES NURSERY LTD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chelmsford College
Hugo Skepelhorn 01245 293010
Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.