Hair Stylist Apprentice Marie Clare
The very best way to start a career in hairdressing. Work as an apprentice hair stylist alongside our experienced and dynamic team, assisting them to ensure our clients are given a 5 star experience. Learn this exciting industry whilst being paid, in a fun and creative environment.
Closing date: 01 Nov 2021
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
15 Nov 2021
28 Oct 2019
Level 2 (GCSE)
What you will expect working as an apprentice at Marie Claire:
- Receive training of the highest standard, delivered by an experienced, young, and dynamic team additional to your college training
- Training and development opportunities
- Friendly and helpful colleagues
- A fun and fabulous working environment
- Great staff perks!
In the first year of your apprenticeship your 'on the job' training in the salon will consist of assisting the qualified stylists on a daily basis to learn all aspects of the job and gain commercial experience. This includes welcoming clients, making refreshments, shampooing and conditioning, assisting stylists, answering calls and ensuring the salon is clean and tidy at all times.
*As you become competent some of the duties below will become part of your daily duties in your salon.
Practical and theory training will be carried out at our training salon (Salon Apprentice – Jameson Street) once a week where you will gain hands on experience in the following units:
- Shampoo, condition, and treat the hair and scalp
- Cut hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Style and finish hair using a range of techniques to create a variety of looks
- Colour and lighten hair using a range of techniques
- Perming hair
Requirements and prospects
- No experience necessary, only a real hunger to learn and become the best with a love for hair and fashion.
- Good Communication Skills
- Creative Flair and an interest in fashion
- Excellent personal appearance
- A cheerful and outgoing personality
- A willingness to train and attend courses
- The ability to work as part of a team
- Flexible approach to work
- Must be Reliable
- Hard working
- A cheerful and outgoing personality
- Must have a passion and WANT to gain a career in hairdressing
Must have a minimum of Level 1 / GCSE Grade D or Grade 3 (as per the new grading system) in Maths and English. Science would be useful but not essential as full training is provided.
Suitable candidates have the opportunity to become one of Marie Clare's team of 'Hair Extraordinaires' with fantastic progression routes for the hard working and passionate such as - Stylist/Senior Stylist/Director/Creative Director.
Things to consider
This job will entail standing for long periods of time and will require patience and commitment to gain a career in hairdressing. The role will also include working on a Saturday and late night opening/training.
This vacancy may close earlier than stated due to the high demand we are anticipating in response to the advert. We will therefore close the vacancy should the employer receive an adequate number of applications.
Additional to the on-line application please email a copy of your CV to: email@example.com
Please ensure that you provide a current email address and contact number to enable us to contact you upon receipt of your application.
*Please note all applicants must apply through this website and must not contact the employer direct prior to interview/assessment. The employer MUST NOT be contacted by other providers or external organisations, all contacts are being monitored and will be reported to the ESFA.
About the employer
At Marie Clare our highly trained and motivated team are committed to provide a personal and professional service to guarantee you look and feel at your best.
- We are passionate about what we do and keep up to date with the latest trends, products and technology so that we can deliver exceptional hair dressing and beauty treatments.
- We only use the best professional products and equipment.
- We allow plenty of time for each appointment we book, to ensure that you do not feel rushed and we have ample time to achieve fantastic results for any treatment you have at the salon.
CHAMBER TRAINING (HUMBER) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Chamber Training (Humber) Limited
Carol Gill 01482 611896 firstname.lastname@example.org
The ‘Hair Professional’ qualification Apprenticeship Standard is comprised of the following elements:
Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing
Integrated qualification combining competence and technical knowledge elements.
Maths and English Level 2
(PLTS) Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Day release will be required once a week at our training salon (‘Salon Apprentice’, Jameson Street, Hull).
Upon completion of all the programme assessment requirements you will be put forward for the end-point assessment. The End-point assessment will be carried out by City & Guilds and will include the following:
Practical Observation: The learner will demonstrate they can complete a range of services on at least two models to industry standards and within commercial timings.
Oral Questioning: The learner’s consultation skills, communication skills, safe working practices, professionalism, values and behaviours will also be assessed by oral questioning.
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.