Nursery Assistant Apprenticeship Daffodils Day Nursery
To support the staff team to ensure the smooth running of the setting, with regard to all health and safety matters affecting the children in your care
Closing date: 11 Sep 2022
£219.45 to £423.23
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 47.50
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
12 Sep 2022
17 Oct 2019
Level 3 (A level)
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures of Childcare Providers and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards.
- Working as part of a team
- To have sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and to work within this framework
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children regarding their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- The planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery.
- Offering all children equal opportunities regarding their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Keeping development records and observations
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of mealtimes, and where appropriate, preparation of babies’ bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
- Practical understanding of safeguarding duties, role of safeguarding officer and current safeguarding legislations.
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Good IT Skills
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
GCSE C/4 or above in maths and English preferable (or equivalent)
Further Training, progression within the company, potential full-time employment and wage increase based on performance.
Things to consider
From April 1st, 2019 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.90 per hour. This applies to 16-18-year-old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both times spent on the job plus time spent training
About the employer
Daffodils are a private family business established in 1995 by Sibtain and Shabnam Raza who has over 30 years of childcare experience.
Shabnam completed her N.N.E.B in childcare in 1985 whilst working as a practitioner in an established nursery in Streatham. She then went on to work as a manager before starting Daffodils in 1995. Daffodils started as a 10 place day nursery on Norbury Crescent before it was extended to its current size.
As the Daffodils team developed, we expanded and acquired a day nursery on Norbury Avenue in 2009. This branch then underwent a largescale refurbishment in 2013 following the establishment of a third branch in Streatham Vale.
In 2018, Daffodils acquired an independent school in Thornton Heath and following refurbishment the fourth nursery opened for children in January 2019.
Throughout these years, Shabnam and the team’s vision remains the same – to encourage children to develop to their full potential through providing a safe, clean and stimulating learning environment.
Caring for children is a great responsibility which we take seriously and as such we are always open to parents valuable input, we believe a close bond between Daffodils and parents who are the main carers enables the child to progress and reach their full potential.
CARE FIRST TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Care First Training Limited
Kelis Towe 01277725774 firstname.lastname@example.org
Early Years Educator Level 3
Functional Skills Level 1/2 in English, maths (if required)
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.